Hikvision region retrcition on Analog cameras, wtf!

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded a turbo hd 1.0 dvr to a turbo hd 4.0 dvr to try out the new 8mp analog, but the new dvr is blocking my imported chinese cameras which are working on the old dvr, gives error language mismatch (even though the analog camera is set to english language) Seriously annoying. Who'd have thought hikvision would steep so low as to put region restrictions on Analog. Anyone smart here who could find a workaround. I paid for these cameras so should be able to access them, not be given a black screen.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is normal for hikvision with the nvr and DVR. They have been doing this for sometime.this is one of the by products of saving a few bucks by buying Chinese.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is normal for hikvision with the nvr and DVR. They have been doing this for sometime.this is one of the by products of saving a few bucks by buying Chinese.
I was aware they done it with IP but not Analog. Unlike IP the price difference of Turbo HD is much less and the amount of Turbo HD chinese models is very limited. I don't see much benefit for them to do this with Analog as there isn't much incentive for anyone to choose importing Chinese over buying the local version. I just happened to buy mine at a time this model wasn't released outside China so had no choice to buy the local variant. Now I've wasted money on a new dvr + 8mp analog cams as several cams are rendered useless. One thing is for sure, whatever way I solve this won't involve me replacing the Chinese cams. I'll have to just incorporate the old and new dvr if I can't find a better workaround.