Hikvision Smart events and push notifications

Danny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to use a HIKVISION DS-2CD2042WD-I (V5.4.4 build 161125) to guard my front door.
When the camera detects a 'movement' he should
--> launch recording on my Qnap TS251+
and
--> he should push a notification to my smartphone
so far for the goal...

I tried these scenarios:

--> Enable "Motion Detection" ('Basic Event") on the camera, and linkage by "notify surveillance centre" --> does the trick with Surveillance Station from Qnap (recording and pushing notification) but al lot of false alarms, mainly at night (IR)...
I tried 2 days playing with different configurations (Normal, Expert, Sensitivity, Areas,...) without achieving a real good result.

--> Enable "Intrusion Detection" ("Smart Events") and linkage by "notify surveillance centre" --> does not work, nor for recording to SS, nor for push notification to Surveillance Station... but the "Intrusion Detection" on the camera looked promising.

--> So I stopped working with Surveillance Station and created a SMB/CIFS share on the TS251+ as an HDD (NET HDD) on the camera to where the camera can record to when an intrusion detection is triggered --> recording works fine but only viewable/exporable in Hikvision software (web interface, Hik-Connect, EZVIZ)
AND the push notification triggered by smart event "Intrusion Detection" still doesn't work, even not in Hik-Connect, EZVIZ..
(I tried also IVMS4500 but coudn't realize a good connection via DDNS (mainly also problems with smart events), cloud p2p works but then I can't configure an alarm from such cloud p2p device)...

Now because of lack of a good push notification I configured an "email notification" on the camera --> works fine without false alarms but the delay to receive the mail is sometimes horrible
(configured an other "mail sound" when I receive a mail from the camera)

or me it remains bizar a "smart event" can trigger sending mails but can't trigger a push notification..

conclusion:
--> smart event: intrusion detection triggered by camera
--> recording on the QNAP (SMB/CIF) triggered by intrusion detection camera
--> no push notification... :x but sending a mail triggered by intrusion detection camera (other notification sound in mail app)
--> explore video with EZVIZ on my smartphone
--> explore video with web interface on desktop

It works but it is not really the real thing... and a real disadvantage is the delay of the mails.

some body better / other / simpler ideas?

Thanks in advance!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
--> Enable "Motion Detection" ('Basic Event") on the camera, and linkage by "notify surveillance centre" --> does the trick with Surveillance Station from Qnap (recording and pushing notification) but al lot of false alarms, mainly at night (IR)...
I tried 2 days playing with different configurations (Normal, Expert, Sensitivity, Areas,...) without achieving a real good result.
Just for info - QNAP Surveillance Station current version only supports classic motion detection events, not any smart events such as Intrusion Detection / Line Crossing Detection etc And as far as I can see, the upcoming QVR Pro doesn't broaden out the support for smart events either, but it is early days.

Reaction score
I have a Hikivision camera , QVR Pro will down my camera resolution if I pick qvr pro as the detector. If i put camera as a detector, how in the camera can send the motion notifications to my qvr pro client in my phone? Please advise.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well if alastair can confirm that Motion 2.0 works with QNAP thatcould be your way to lessen false alarm with acusense camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't know. I've not touched QVRPro for quite a while, I don't have a view of it's current capabilities.