HikVision - stream path URL?

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
How odd! Mine doesn't do that, i wonder if it is to do with opening ports on my security gateway. I didn't think it would be as it was internal, but maybe that is the reason it isn't working.

I'll make sure to keep you posted, thank you for your help so far.
Did you end up figuring this out. I use action tiles myself and then only stream type you can use for viewing of media stream is MJPEG in action tiles. You can either set the encoding in the camera as mentioned above or if using VLC you can get VLC to encode the RTSP stream as MJPEG, the best/easiest option is to use blue iris as it makes it very easy to re encode the RTSP stream as MJPEG stream which can be easily added to action tiles..

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Action Tiles is a web dashboard?
Try this - For the HTTP stream, make sure ONVIF is enabled and a user account with the same credentials as the camera/NVR/DVR admin's login exisits. To narrow the issue down (it's not required but will help) enable Hikvision-CGI too.
1580942048824.png

RTSP is tricky to wangle in browsers without plugins or use of the SDK. From Chrome or FF you should be able to view the sub-stream via the following URL (amend with your settings):
Let me know the result.

Connectome

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Action Tiles is a web dashboard?
Try this - For the HTTP stream, make sure ONVIF is enabled and a user account with the same credentials as the camera/NVR/DVR admin's login exisits. To narrow the issue down (it's not required but will help) enable Hikvision-CGI too.
View attachment 55192

RTSP is tricky to wangle in browsers without plugins or use of the SDK. From Chrome or FF you should be able to view the sub-stream via the following URL (amend with your settings):
Let me know the result.
Fixed: How-to: - How do I use a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" feature?

I am unable to view the each cameras URL via the camera management section, this is limiting the image options to enable. I have factory reset the Hikvision NVR and no joy, here is a screenshot:

I have also added what it should look like from a website:

Attachments

Last edited: