Hikvision Super I series

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting!
I wonder what changes there will be under the covers.
It will be fascinating to find out.
It will be good if much of the effort has been on genuine functional improvements as opposed to trying even harder to trip up their customers who purchase the products on-line or not from authorised resellers. That would be a refreshing change that would surely boost their image.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yaaaa I want native chrome/ff support, none of that extension bullshit lol

Hikvision was talking about doing it a year ago, but said there were some pretty big hurdles getting away from the plugin system they are currently using. Wonder if this is the result?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Browser vendors don't give a crap about low-latency live video streaming, as evidenced by their removal of NPAPI support when to this day there is still no proper replacement.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
isthis for people who use a screen out of there nvr ?
some one on this forum said a few mth's ago this was coming out

Noziroh

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated.
Minimal changes to the Explorer menus. Still looks the same too.
No support for Chrome.
Huge changes to the HDMI/VGA menus.
Only spent 5 min on it so far.

Reactions: RBW

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated.
Minimal changes to the Explorer menus. Still looks the same too.
No support for Chrome.
Huge changes to the HDMI/VGA menus.
Only spent 5 min on it so far.
I never upgraded my Nvr. I presume it will be ok to upgrade a DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A?
Which file would it be?

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Intresting news! thanks for being the guinny pigs for this. I have a 7616-I2 so will probably give it a go.

Can you downgrade back to previous firmware?

Any negative issues to share?

Noziroh

n3wb
Reaction score
Intresting news! thanks for being the guinny pigs for this. I have a 7616-I2 so will probably give it a go.

Can you downgrade back to previous firmware?

Any negative issues to share?
Yes, the picture from HDMI now "flashes" every 10 or 15 minutes. It did not do that before.

shieldsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the picture from HDMI now "flashes" every 10 or 15 minutes. It did not do that before.
Mine did the same just after 10 mins HDMI issue keeps repeating.

tried vga seems to work fine, also ANPR camera stopped working can't search plates...

might need to roll back to previous, this firmware needs more time in the oven it's not ready :(

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well thats Hik for you... I'm sure the new NVR 4.0 firmware will be good oneday but yeah just spent 2 days getting 4K HDMI kit from the basement to the loft, not keen on that feature not working properly or any other smart features not working right.

shieldsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Well thats Hik for you... I'm sure the new NVR 4.0 firmware will be good oneday but yeah just spent 2 days getting 4K HDMI kit from the basement to the loft, not keen on that feature not working properly or any other smart features not working right.
Yeah it's not good enough they must just test the basic's then just release the firmware. Had the dreaded boot loops a few firmware's ago drove me nuts trying to get everything working again.

Instead of going back to V3.4.95 build170626, I Just rolled back to V3.4.96 build170921 everything back to normal but seems quite a bit quicker to connect to cameras via the app! So some good news at least.

cctvukuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Updated my UK sourced 7608NI-I2 tonight with the new FW. 6 cameras from Aliexpress 1 x 4k, 5 x 3mp and 2 non-hik generic 1080p IP cameras.

So far so good however two points of note;
  • When i flashed the FW on the reboot my WD purple drive went offline and said repairing on the restart. Rebooted a little later and this time my Skyhawk drive did the same and the WD was ok.
  • I have dual monitor setup, 1080p via VGA and 4k via HDMI. Previously i could switch the operation menu between either screen by right clicking and selecting which i wanted it output to. I can't find a way of doing this on the new firmware. Probably obvious but not having much luck.
I'll report back if i have any more hdd quirks.