Hikvision Temperature Overlay App

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm breaking any posting rules here but I wanted to ask if anyone might have used an app posted on another well known forum that allows current weather conditions to be overlay on the real time image of a Hikvision camera?

Unfortunately, the forum where the app was posted is no longer accepting registrations and the links to the app are now dead even though they are not so old.

The app file was called "Hik Temp Overlay App.zip" and was hosted on on 2shared.com

Here is a screenshot of what the app looked like

If anyone knows where to find a copy I would really appreciate your help.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah...I should have mentioned that I can't use Blue Iris....it doesn't suit my needs.
The app is all I really want as it provides the simplest and most direct way of getting weather information on my IP camera.
I don't think there is too much risk putting my IP cam username and pass into the app. My cams are not accessible via the web and in reality no different to putting my user/pass into any other VMS app.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my cameras hooked up to an NVR. Will this overlay work with an NVR? Not sure how this thing works. I am guessing it tweaks camera settings to add things to the overlay text which are normally hidden. Is that correct?

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my cameras hooked up to an NVR. Will this overlay work with an NVR? Not sure how this thing works. I am guessing it tweaks camera settings to add things to the overlay text which are normally hidden. Is that correct?
The Temperature Overlay app retrieves temperature information from the internet (Weather Underground) and writes it to your Hikvision camera's Text Overlay. So, yes, it will work with an NVR since it is superimposed on the camera video.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking I need this app running all the time for it to update the info?

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking I need this app running all the time for it to update the info?
You are correct in your assumption. I manually start the app each time I restart my machine. I keep the app window hidden. Ctrl+h toggles show/hide.