Hikvision TFTP update software

oshosh

n3wb
Reaction score
i removed your link
so you took the content from this site and posted it elsewhere?
Worst of all you didnt credit the users who actually helped you.
I didn't took the content from this site! I've written my own solution based on stuff I've found around the internet. @zimurgy offered the TFTP solution, I've found the files myself elsewhere and uploaded them to multiple mirrors. That's not even the same zip file. Also I've found the instruction for it in multiple places.
You are right about the credits, I've added them to the article, which I gave a lot of effort in writing - thought it would help someone some day.
I'm not a thief or a spammer, I don't need links, Just thought it would be a nice thing to do but I guess you can't appreciate it. Have a nice day anyway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't took the content from this site! I've written my own solution based on stuff I've found around the internet. @zimurgy offered the TFTP solution, I've found the files myself elsewhere and uploaded them to multiple mirrors. That's not even the same zip file. Also I've found the instruction for it in multiple places.
You are right about the credits, I've added them to the article, which I gave a lot of effort in writing - thought it would help someone some day.
I'm not a thief or a spammer, I don't need links, Just thought it would be a nice thing to do but I guess you can't appreciate it. Have a nice day anyway.
You are full of shit...have a nice day.

oshosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the full article, just for making things right-

I’ve written this article out of deep frustration, as I’ve tried every single method of updating the firmware of my HIKVISION DS-7204HFI-SH DVR and nothing seem to work, and not only that, I’ve also bricked / boot looped my DVR! So, I’ve made a huge research about how to fix it, because I was sure there IS a way to fix this! And here it is, for your usage, I hope it will help you!

So, if you want to upgrade your DVR firmware but it’s very old and won’t let you use anything other than Internet Explorer 9 Browser or even If you bricked your DVR, it doesn’t matter, you can still upgrade it to the latest firmware with those following steps:

The things that you will need:

• A HikVison DVR (yeah)
  • Your DVR latest firmware. Please check carefully that it’s exactly what you need and matches your device! You will POTENTIALY be able to fix it if you screw up, but I wouldn’t try!
    You can download it from here:
    Download | Firmware - Hikvision
  • HIKVISION TFTP software for Windows, I’ve uploaded it for your convenience to multifilemirror, so you can download it from one of the links on this list MultiFileMirror - Upload your files to multiple file hosts with one click
  • A Windows 7/8/10 Laptop/PC with a network cable
  • A lot of patience!
Step 1 – Prepare the files

Unzip your firmware zip and the TFTP zip to a new folder. Make sure you unzip all the archives to the same directory (it doesn’t matter where you create it). You should get a folder that contains a few files:

md5

digicap.dav

tftprc_en.dll

tftpserv.exe

tftpserv.ini

tftpserv.log

The file digicap.dav is the firmware file. Make sure it has exactly that name.

Step 2 – Connect your PC to the DVR with a network cable
Do that. Connect them directly with a network cable.

Now go to your PC network adapter settings and set your IP to be 192.0.0.128
(this is extremely important)

Turn off your DVR.

Step 3 – Watch the magic
Open the file tftpserv.exe and turn on your DVR.

It should say something like “TFTP Server[192.0.0.128] initialized

Wait for your device to start up the booting process, should take 10-30 seconds and you will see a few more messages pointing out test and connect.

If you have the correct firmware and it’s file name is digicap.dav on the same folder, it should start the transmiting the firmware file to the DVR.

Here is an example of the log after it’s all done:

After it finishes, it will reboot and will magickly work!!!! You now should have a working DVR device.

You can now close the software and unplug the ethernet cable from your PC.

You will need to re-configure your DVR.

Don’t forget to change back your IP to automatic or whatever configuration you’ve had there on your PC.

Cheers!!!

*** Thanks @zimurgy giving the TFTP program on this thread

wirlez

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread has been so helpful! hoping it can help me sort out my conundrum.

I've tried all the steps mentioned above, even resorted to running TFTP on a windows 7 laptop just to rule that out. Have now tried running on both Windows 10 and 7

DVR is connected via a switch using a straight cable
PC/Laptop also connected to switch using a straight cable

Once it says TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initilized.
Nothing happens for hours ... period.

I've tried turning the DVR (DS-7216HUHI-K2) off while TFTP is running (no change)
Tried quitting TFTP and restarting with the DVR already on, no change
Tried leaving it on over the weekend 48hrs, it progressed but came up with the following failue.

[2019-09-27 16:43:52] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized
[2019-09-27 17:13:25] TFTP server [127.0.0.1] initialized
[2019-09-27 17:13:33] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized
[2019-09-28 13:47:12] Connect client success [192.0.0.128]Success
[2019-09-28 13:47:12] Open file failure[C:\Users\rayma\Desktop\TFTP-Update\AVAST-HNS-SCAN-PROBE]

All AVAST shields have been disabled and windows firewalls also disabled.

Is everyone else having to sit around for hours for TFTP to run? or is it just meant to be over and done with in 5 minutes?

Can anyone help please?

robbinh00d

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread has been so helpful! hoping it can help me sort out my conundrum.

I've tried all the steps mentioned above, even resorted to running TFTP on a windows 7 laptop just to rule that out. Have now tried running on both Windows 10 and 7

DVR is connected via a switch using a straight cable
PC/Laptop also connected to switch using a straight cable

Once it says TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initilized.
Nothing happens for hours ... period.

I've tried turning the DVR (DS-7216HUHI-K2) off while TFTP is running (no change)
Tried quitting TFTP and restarting with the DVR already on, no change
Tried leaving it on over the weekend 48hrs, it progressed but came up with the following failue.

[2019-09-27 16:43:52] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized
[2019-09-27 17:13:25] TFTP server [127.0.0.1] initialized
[2019-09-27 17:13:33] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized
[2019-09-28 13:47:12] Connect client success [192.0.0.128]Success
[2019-09-28 13:47:12] Open file failure[C:\Users\rayma\Desktop\TFTP-Update\AVAST-HNS-SCAN-PROBE]

All AVAST shields have been disabled and windows firewalls also disabled.

Is everyone else having to sit around for hours for TFTP to run? or is it just meant to be over and done with in 5 minutes?

Can anyone help please?

Disabled firewall? Also, might wanna remove the switches in between. Just a thought.