Hikvision to Dahua NVR Issue

mnjeepmale

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a new 8MP Hikvision camera to add to my Dahua NVR and I've been following all the steps I have seen online and it still won't work. Status still shows red when I add it. When I search for cameras on the NVR it does come up but when I add it, it always shows red.
I've changed the port to 377777 and put in the password that I had to setup for the first time when I accessed the camera web interface. But still no luck.
Any help or suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any help or suggestions?
What protocol are you trying to connect it with? Presumably ONVIF.
You will probably need to access the camera web GUI and enable ONVIF, and create a new ONVIF user / password. If you haven't already done this.
The camera ONVIF capability before and after the changes can be verified using ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net).

mnjeepmale

n3wb
Reaction score
sourceforge.net
Under Network > Advanced Settings. ONVIF is enabled. There I created another administrator user with password.

I tried again on the NVR and still showing red after I put the new user credentials I created on the Hikvision UI.

I downloaded the ONVIF Device Manager but not sure what I'm looking for on the camera interface.

mnjeepmale

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I did a reboot of the NVR and the camera now shows.
However the video keeps freezing and dropping every minute or two.

Monitor shows 'The login return time is up.' After few minutes it will come back up then does the same thing over. All other cameras are stable and online.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
not sure what I'm looking for on the camera interface
What you'd check is that the camera is properly responding as an ONVIF device - by it showing Live Video, profiles, rules and all other selectable items in the ODM interface.
You'd need to have supplied ODM with the created login credentials, applying the at the top left of the window.

mnjeepmale

n3wb
Reaction score
What you'd check is that the camera is properly responding as an ONVIF device - by it showing Live Video, profiles, rules and all other selectable items in the ODM interface.
You'd need to have supplied ODM with the created login credentials, applying the at the top left of the window.
I did that and it's working great in ODM

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have exactly the same 8mp hik camera on the dahua nvr over onvif. The video is choppy on the main stream but smooth on the sub stream. Try the sub stream (fluent).

mnjeepmale

n3wb
Reaction score
I have exactly the same 8mp hik camera on the dahua nvr over onvif. The video is choppy on the main stream but smooth on the sub stream. Try the sub stream (fluent).
Thanks. The camera keeps freezing every few minutes then comes back online. I think it's dropping packets. I'm going to try a different switch, cable and see if it improves.