HikVision turret camera connect without pigtail

mironto

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for a HikVision turret camera that can connect PoE ethernet cable with RJ45 plug straight into the body. From what I've researched the current cameras DS-2CDx3xx seem to use some pigtail that needs to be connected to ethernet cable outside of the cam body and water sealed. I need to mount the camera on wall where I have ethernet cable protruding. Are there any turret (or maybe dome as an alternative) models in value/pro/ultra series that can be connected straight to RJ45 on facade (I don't need audio in/out or alarm)? If not what are my options? What I can think of:

1) use HikVision junction box and shove pigtail in
2) remove pigtail and terminate ethernet cable with HikVision proprietary 8-pin connector (part number?).

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just get a junction box and put the pigtails in there.

Having an RJ connector on the body of the cam would also make it a nightmare to seal wouldn’t it?

mironto

n3wb
Reaction score
Having an RJ connector on the body of the cam would also make it a nightmare to seal wouldn’t it?
RJ45 would be inside the body and only ethernet cable would come out. The same way as it was done on DS-2CD2Hxx cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
RJ45 would be inside the body and only ethernet cable would come out. The same way as it was done on DS-2CD2Hxx cameras.
Just be aware that unless the camera's environment is bone-dry, no humidity and constant temperature day and night 24/7/365, moisture can get into the camera due to thermal cycling and cause corrosion issues over time UNLESS....you address that issue as mentioned here and seal the camera entrances and weatherproof/protect the RJ-45 male-to-female connection....that includes where you stated "...only ethernet cable would come out." :cool:

mironto

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course I would seal the hole for ethernet cable.
So can anybody confirm there are no current HikVision turret cameras that do not use pigtail?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So can anybody confirm there are no current HikVision turret cameras that do not use pigtail?
edit I just realised you're looking for turret cameras, as opposed to the bullet format that I've referenced below.

There are quite a few Pro-Series cameras such as the DS-2CD26xx series that have built-in ethernet sockets as opposed to being on pigtails - you'd have to browse the products info to choose one that suits your purpose.

The camera base is typically like the image below - but it would need the correctly installed mounting base in order to be fully weather-sealed.
A pigtail is easily sealed, and as has been mentioned above, isn't difficult to hide inside a non-weather-sealed mounting base.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

mironto

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, so motorized turret DS-2CD2Hx6G2 series is what I am looking for (while DS-2CD2Hx3G2 have pigtail). Will look for other models that have similar base as 2Hx6G2.