HIkvision works on SADP and not able to open any browser ???

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As title says I installed software and able to see on SADP and changed IP and port and double click the IP on SADP and it wont open anything in browsers. I tried wither Mozzila and IE and Chrome. Although it did work briefly a few days ago when I got the first camera a DS3132I but had to change IP. Yes at that time i installed the Webcomponets in Mozzila and worked fine. ???? I am just wanting to connect local network so the ports are really irrelevant at this time arent they ?

chrome says :
[h=1]This webpage is not available[/h]ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Last edited by a moderator:

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need to log into the camera directly first to give it a new password. Set you network adapter to the same network scheme as the default IP address that comes with the camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a version 2.x of SADP or a version 3.x of SADP?
SADP is able to find cameras and NVRs when they are on a different IP network segment from your PC such that they are not accessible to the PC.
What IP address shows on SADP for the cameras, and what is the IP address of the PC?
What is listed under the status column in SADP for the cameras?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this a version 2.x of SADP or a version 3.x of SADP?
SADP is able to find cameras and NVRs when they are on a different IP network segment from your PC such that they are not accessible to the PC.
What IP address shows on SADP for the cameras, and what is the IP address of the PC?
What is listed under the status column in SADP for the cameras?
Same info listed for both cameras as far as ip4 and subnet, both cameras i have given new ip and ports. One camera opens on browser no problem the other wont open on browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There have been posts on here where people have experienced problem behaviour on Hikvision cameras when the HTTP port has been changed to some high values.
Are you able to revert the HTTP port back to 80 with SADP and re-test?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There have been posts on here where people have experienced problem behaviour on Hikvision cameras when the HTTP port has been changed to some high values.
On SADP you cannot set port to 80 its too low if thats what you are suggesting, min port value on SADP is 2000 and up.

I tried numerous IP and ports right now its identical settings as my other Hikvision and can not get it to open on any browser, or IVMS4200.

IP 192.168.0.119

Port 8080

above just for testing and will change once I can see in local browser, no open ports naturally for the world to see in router.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Status colum which all i can see is online cameras (only have the one bad one plugged in ) shows 1 camera

How do you see PC IP if you mean IPCONFIG i have same 192.168.0.XXX naturally last digits changed to acccess camera. I aplogize as I am not an expert just new to Hikvision but have used Foscam for year without any issues.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have also tried installing IVMS4200 and can see the 3132 camera. But, when I try to add it to network on "device Mangager" it wont go online.

I have also tried ONVIF manager and dont see camera.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same info listed for both cameras as far as ip4 and subnet, both cameras i have given new ip and ports. One camera opens on browser no problem the other wont open on browser.
version SADP 2
IP address same 192.168.0.xxx
status I think you mean "online" on SADP it says its online

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried to ping every port I put into that camera and nothing works? again I am new and not sure what that means as I just got that from another post.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try downloading a newer version of SADP...

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Current/Tools/SADP_V2.2.3.6/

User Name: hikfirmware
Password: Hikvision123 (Note the "H" is capitalized)
Thanks for the help,

still says :
This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address http://192.168.0.21 is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes

when I double click the IP on the new SADP, I have ensured that that IP is open on anti virus

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On SADP you cannot set port to 80 its too low if thats what you are suggesting, min port value on SADP is 2000 and up.
Why are you trying to change the ports on the camera?
You really, really do NOT need to do that.
I believe that is the cause of the problems you are seeing.
When you try to access them in the browser, are you using the HTTP port (normally 80) and are you postfixing the IP address with :portnumber when you try to address it in the browser?
All you need is to leave the ports at their default values and give each device a static IP address chosen from the range that your LAN uses.

I tried to ping every port I put into that camera and nothing works?
You don't ping ports - you ping IP addresses.
Take a deep breath and get back to basics.
Leave the cameras on their default ports 80,554,8000
Give each one a unique IP address that's in the range than your LAN uses.
If you are able to do that - all will be well.

*edit*

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can ping any FOSCAM I have running right now and get a response of 100% and no loss. But, no matter what IP i give this 3132 I cannot ping to it.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why are you trying to change the ports on the camera?
You really, really do NOT need to do that.
I believe that is the cause of the problems you are seeing.
When you try to access them in the browser, are you using the HTTP port (normally 80) and are you postfixing the IP address with :portnumber when you try to address it in the browser?
All you need is to leave the ports at their default values and give each device a static IP address chosen from the range that your LAN uses.

You don't ping ports - you ping IP addresses.
Take a deep breath and get back to basics.
Leave the cameras on their default ports 80,554,8000
Give each one a unique IP address that's in the range than your LAN uses.
If you are able to do that - all will be well.

*edit*
Thanks for the new version of SADP

I have camera on port 8000 now
the HTTP on 80
Did give the 3132 its own unique IP that matches my nLan i.e 192.168.0.21
I just double click on the IP on the SADP and it wont open ? am I nuts?
subnet= correct to my IPCONFIG
IPV4 = correct to my IPCONFIG

sorry I did mean ping to the IP. No matter what IP I give the camera I can't ping it now i have entered 192.168.0.188 on the SADP and saved it still no response timed out

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember that SADP will see the cameras across IP segments.
The fact that SADP can see the camera does not mean that you can ping it, depending on their respective IP addresses.
PC IP address=?
Camera IP address as seen via SADP=?

Try accessing the 192.168.0.21 address with your browser, if you have the HTTP port=80
http://192.168.0.21

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remember that SADP will see the cameras across IP segments.
The fact that SADP can see the camera does not mean that you can ping it, depending on their respective IP addresses.
PC IP address=192.168.0.15 if you mean the IP4 address ?
Camera IP address as seen via SADP= 192.168.0.21

Try accessing the 192.168.0.21 address with your browser, if you have the HTTP port=80
http://192.168.0.21
still times out and HTTP port=80 on the SADP
PC IP address=192.168.0.15 if you mean the IP4 address ?
Camera IP address as seen via SADP= 192.168.0.21

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, those addresses are fine, they exist on the same segment, so will be accessible to each other. Assuming also that the subnet mask is say 255.255.255.0 for both.
When the camera is listed in SADP, what does it show for the firmware version?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, those addresses are fine, they exist on the same segment, so will be accessible to each other. Assuming also that the subnet mask is say 255.255.255.0 for both.
When the camera is listed in SADP, what does it show for the firmware version?
Both cameras are 5.2.5 141201
Naturally will not be updating this as they are Chinese Hiks.
Have had both working at one point and quality everything was fine so I dont see an firmware issue here. But, I have never seen both work at same time. I have unplugged working one and trying everthing on the 3132 that wont open in browser. Again thanks for your time and anyone else that has been trying to help.

Today I will move the non working camera to the cat 6 where the other was working. Although I have changed the cat5 twice and confirmed thier wiring. Perhaps its a cat5 issue and not powering although as I have said its seen on SADP.

Weather depending though as we have alot of snow about 3 feet and its about -18 today so I will need to dig a route to get ladder in place.Funny but, I feel off ladder this summer at my cottage and broke two ribs = man that hurts