hikvisions sending test email but not sending trigger emails.

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything has been working great on my two DS-2CD2132F-IS hikvision cams, then recently one of my camera's stopped sending email, and shortly afterwards the other one did. Both are up and running when i log into them directly and i am able to view live footage and read off the SD card.

I have the Smart events in both cameras configured to Send Email and Trigger Channel. I've not changed any of the configuration settings

Also the sender as my email address,

SMTP Server smtp.comcast.net
Port 465
SSL Enabled

I confirmed that my username and passwod is what it should be.

I am also able to send the test email by hitting the Test Button in the receiver box, so that shows everything is working from an authentication standpoint, and i am receiving those test emails.

But not receiving email from any of the smart or basic events.

Guessing that the smart events are not being triggered to send an email though they are writing to the local SD Card, so i do have footage, but its nice to receive the email with photo's whenever there's motion detection. I unchecked, saved, then re-checked the 'Send E-Mail' and 'Trigger Channel' buttons in hope that it would come alive, but it hasn't.

Any of you experts come across this ? what did you do to fix it. I guess my next course of action is to actually hard reboot them. Admitedly i didn't do that, as i wanted to try the softer approach first by just turning on and off the send email buttons.

Again everything else seems to be working fine and dandy. Just not sending email

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Guessing that the smart events are not being triggered to send an email though they are writing to the local SD Card, so i do have footage, but its nice to receive the email with photo's whenever there's motion detection.
I'd speculate that, as you've changed nothing on the cameras, and both were working fine, and now both are not, that comcast has changed something on their mail server.
Perhaps a limitation on size or frequency of attached files?
Do they provide any useful support facility to ask the question on what's changed?

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd speculate that, as you've changed nothing on the cameras, and both were working fine, and now both are not, that comcast has changed something on their mail server.
Perhaps a limitation on size or frequency of attached files?
Do they provide any useful support facility to ask the question on what's changed?
Yes they do try and sell their own security system, and wondering if they're blocking. Either outbound or on the inbound. I may try using a new email address. Thing is the outbounds have to come from here, as the network is theirs, so if they're blocking the outbounds, then i may be stuck !

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
I rebooted the devices thru the web interface this morning as they seem to be sending again, so it does look like it was the cam's and not the provider. Anyway, thought i'd share.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a similar situation, for 'some' reason the Linkage Method had become unticked for the send email !!