Hikvison camera and Samsung Smart TV

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After a quick look at your links, Gemote looks as though it may be almost turn-key (I know, likely wishful thinking :) ), but there seems to be no documentation. Do I need to download and install/run to see any instructions, etc.?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how about having a device with the wifi monitor thingy (intel wireless wifi display I think) to stream what you see on the computer to your TV?

I think that would be the best way to do it

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this TV.. the build quality isn't all that great FYI

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMHO I'd rather have a regular non-smart TV and use a set-top box or hdmi-stick... My TV is still kicking ass nearly 10 years after I bought it, I imagine if it was running one of the very first Android TV's it'd suck ass compared to whats available now and I wouldn't even be using it.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I tend to agree. Smart TV's have come a long way, but I've been using chrome cast and have mostly been happy with it. Plus it's portable to any tv.

Reaction score
I tried using the browser on my RasPi to access my Blue Iris server, but it was very slow and would time out (or something) after some interval of inactivity, so I would have to keep restarting it and accessing my Blue Iris server all over again. This meant keeping a mini-keyboard (w/touchpad) handy, etc. A real pain. So, quoting from an earlier post of mine, this is what I did:

I have two HDTVs (Sharp & Samsung) on which I wanted to be able to switch quickly to view my camera streams. After considering the suggestions in this and other threads, I decided to try a HDMI-to-Cat5e-to-HDMI converter to display the HDMI output of my NVR display (which is the BI host) on the TVs via Cat5e. I bought a dual stream unit for $93.30 from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

It works great. Now when I want to view the camera streams, I switch the TV over to the HDMI input where the downstream Cat5e-HDMI converter is connected and there they are. No LAN bandwidth issues and easy for the wife and kids to use. Highly recommended.

In view of the current limitations of so-called "smart" TVs, this seems a good way to go. Plus no LAN bandwidth concerns. FWIW
Hello,
Can this solution be used for a residential place where in the user can view the cam stream on his smart TV situated in separate rooms connoted to a n/w and the NVR in a remote location?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can this solution be used for a residential place where in the user can view the cam stream on his smart TV situated in separate rooms connoted to a n/w and the NVR in a remote location?
Can you be more specific about what solution you are referring to? Also what does "a remote location" mean?