Hikvison DDNS on tinyCam Monitor Pro via rtsp over tcp

Biggs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a Hikvision 3.2MP DS-2CD2432F-IW Cube IP camera and "rtsp over tcp" works fine using tinyCam Monitor Pro in the internal LAN. However, when outside using 3G/4G, I cannot get it to connect. It has an active entry in HiDDNS (i.e.as.hik-online.com/domain_name) at port 80. In tinyCam Monitor Pro's "Advanced Settings" => "Public WiFi or 3G/4G (Optional)" => "Remote hostname/IP address", the entry set is "as.hik-online.com/domain_name". In the router, ports 80, 443, 554 and 8000 all have "port forwarding" rules associated with the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW's internal LAN IP address. If I change "as.hik-online.com/domain_name" to "WAN_IP_address", it works. If I also type "as.hik-online.com/domain_name" in the browser, I get a redirection page to the "WAN_IP_address" so it confirms that the HiDDNS works. To summarize, "as.hik-online.com/hikcam" does not work in "rtsp over tcp" using 3G/4G. Thanks!

For example,
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW
Internal LAN IP: 192.168.1.41
WAN IP: 1.1.1.1
HiDDNS: "as.hik-online.com/hikcam" at port "80"
tinyCam Monitor Pro (rtsp over tcp):
Hostname/IP address: 192.168.1.41 -> works
Remote hostname/IP address: "as.hik-online.com/hikcam" -> fails
Remote hostname/IP address: "1.1.1.1" -> works

bugmenot

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI, the developer of tinyCam Monitor told me that this app does not support the Hikvision DNS services and he's not planning on supporting it anytime soon :(