Hikvison NVR won't connect to ACTi camera

Reaction score
Stupid question from a newbie.

Do I need the camera admin password to connect it to an NVR?

I bought a Hikvision DS-7600 series NVR to use it with an Acti E73 IP CameraI bought a few years ago.
IMG_9296.jpg

This is what I done so far:

1. I connected the camera directly to the network using an PoE switch and I’was able to find its IP address using a PC.
  2. In the Hik NVR menu I have included the IP address and selected Acti for the protocol.
  3. Changed the "Managenent Port" number to whatever number I set up for port forwarding in my router.
  4. There is a field for the camera username and password and I have left this blank.
IMG_9294.jpg

When I click OK that NVR wont recognize the camera. Is the problem due to the password?

If so I forgot the login credentials and I'm unable to login. Already tried defaults.

What can I do so I do waste my $USD 500 camera

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the "Managenent Port" number to whatever number I set up for port forwarding in my router.
I don't see the relevance for this.
You need to find out what the actual 'management port' is for the camera.
For example, for Hikvision it's 8000.
This varies with the different camera brands.

There is a field for the camera username and password and I have left this blank.
These are mandatory fields, you will need to find out what's configured on the camera.

What can I do so I do waste my $USD 500 camera
Some Google research on how to reset the camera settings to defaults, and what those defaults IDs/passwords are.

Reaction score
@alastairstevenson thanks for the quick reply.

I don't see the relevance for this.
You need to find out what the actual 'management port' is for the camera.
For example, for Hikvision it's 8000.
This varies with the different camera brands.
For my Camera the HTTP default port is 80. Are you saying this does not have anything to do with the port forwarding on my router and that it does not have to match?

These are mandatory fields, you will need to find out what's configured on the camera.
I guess this is why it wont connect. Like I said I have forgotten the login credentials and default won't work

Some Google research on how to reset the camera settings to defaults, and what those defaults IDs/passwords are.
Most solutions I've found so far inlcude pressing a "reset button". My camera does not seem to have one.