Hikvison Permanent Region Code Changer *SUSPENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

Unfortunately due to the actions of a forum member who is deliberately inciting people to be dishonest and steal my work I am no longer able to offer permanent region change for devices.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?2593-Hikvison-Permanent-Region-Code-Hack&p=21667&viewfull=1#post21667

I'd like to apologize to the vast majority of people who contact me for help with this issue who are honest and trustworthy.

Sadly I'm now forced into offering a firmware only alternative:

5.2.5 multi-language firmware which will still make the camera International region (so works with iVMS, NVRs - has English day of the week etc). If you change the firmware to original your camera will revert back to Chinese identity however.

Given that the manufacturer seems to have stopped offering new firmware updates publicly the practical effect of this is limited, though it would be my preference to provide permanent region change + multi language firmware under normal circumstances.

Thanks very much for your understanding.

bouncy

n3wb
Reaction score
CBX, you sort of asked for whats happened. I asked you for help with what was at the time potentially a faulty camera, offering to buy your solution to test a firmware update on my camera to put it into English for me to test out the real time clock issues i was experiencing, and asked if i had to send it back as faulty would you sort out my replacement camera, and you politely refused to assist. My camera was faulty, however i was only able to test this when critics solution was made public. somebody else asked you for help with a bricked camera, and you politely told them to jog on as you did with me.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The public hack is the work of NetworkCamCritter, so he could help his daughter expose the hack to hikvision so they will forever close the region hack, thus ending the cheap china sales. His daughter owns a usa security sales business (and its been tanking because of CBX's hack). Put the blame on the ending to region hacks to the right guy. You figure out who carl is. We all lose from this hack being public.

Excerpt from NetworkCameraCritters email....
"I would really help my daughters business if Hikvision locked down the Chinese cameras to point nobody can hack them as the lower priced Chinese only cameras would go away and less competition for her. So a decision she has to make, make it easy for her or make it harder for everyone else by driving up prices. She’s flying in here Saturday, will have to discuss it with her.

Carl"

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The public hack is the work of NetworkCamCritter, so he could help his daughter expose the hack to hikvision so they will forever close the region hack, thus ending the cheap china sales. His daughter owns a usa security sales business (and its been tanking because of CBX's hack). Put the blame on the ending to region hacks to the right guy. You figure out who carl is. We all lose from this hack being public.

Excerpt from NetworkCameraCritters email....
"I would really help my daughters business if Hikvision locked down the Chinese cameras to point nobody can hack them as the lower priced Chinese only cameras would go away and less competition for her. So a decision she has to make, make it easy for her or make it harder for everyone else by driving up prices. She’s flying in here Saturday, will have to discuss it with her.

Carl"
You kind of late to the party, you can read his reply in the other thread.

maxk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We all lose from this hack being public.
I suggest you speak for yourself or state that it's entirely your opinion. I, as quite likely many people on this and other forums, think that if a company doesn't provide proper localization to their products (regardless of where it was bought) we have a full right to customize it however we want. In the end, I own it now after I paid for it. And I'm quite appalled by people's reaction here. I may understand couple of "gurus" who have a direct financial interest in restricting this kind of public knowledge. But your comment indicates not only unwillingness to learn, but it also restricts others from doing so.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suggest you speak for yourself or state that it's entirely your opinion. I, as quite likely many people on this and other forums, think that if a company doesn't provide proper localization to their products (regardless of where it was bought) we have a full right to customize it however we want. In the end, I own it now after I paid for it. And I'm quite appalled by people's reaction here. I may understand couple of "gurus" who have a direct financial interest in restricting this kind of public knowledge. But your comment indicates not only unwillingness to learn, but it also restricts others from doing so.
Funny to read some of the posts on the forum, voting for open solutions in this particular case, the transformation of the Chinese IPC in to Europe.
As always double standards.
At first, the one who solved this problem - the hero, and then if it does not share with all free results he is a villain! ;)
This is sheer hypocrisy.
And by the same madness as Only Chinese earn at all because will sell already European chamber made of Chinese and of course the prices in Europe.

After all, nobody forces through the power of the camera to buy cheap Chinese domestic market and then look for a solution to this problem.
Pokuprayte official representatives and there will be no such talk. The same, no one makes a decision to buy from CBX. Those who need it deystvietlno do it yourself.

Even if hikvision make some steps to protect its decision, the only one who can solve this problem is CBX and may be a few more people and everything will return to normal.
So who will benefit from the publication of the decision?
Think about it !!! ;););)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You seem to get pleasure, as people work on sharing information for free and encounter problems. Maybe your worried about your profits because your commentary makes no sense with the high quality online translators that are currently available for use for ("Free").
People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.
As people start to share knowledge for ("Free"). You may need to find a real job ;-) vs. continuing to sell what's not yours to sell.
I am not speculating how you make some of your money. Your website in your signatures web pages, when translated to English, are very clear about that. Including your prices:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.itunedvr.ru/category_34.html
So. Don't be worried or upset that some of us. Like to help others for free with instructions and don't require making money by selling things we don't own ;-) I know that may be hard for you to grasp. But sooner or later it will sink in.
Who will benefit. Everyone beside people like CBX and you will benefit. It takes an extremely large Ego combined with a large dose of ignorance, for you to think that others can't figure this out and provide instructions for free to others, without any need to sell it. Will that take time? Will there be mistakes along the way? Sure.
Don
Don!
Glad you again respond to my posts;)

Using a translator - it's just for fun!
Don. You can not see beyond your nose. ;)

There are proposed conditions which are not acceptable to anyone. It's just a way of polite refusal to annoying beggars.
Help solve the problem and free - this is no problem.
According to deal with riddles - so no problem.
Many forums and people who received them from me for free help in solving their complex and most important non-standard tasks.
I'm not proud of it, I just do what I think is necessary.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don!
In addition, none of your business what I do and I believe it is essential that all work should be duly paid. ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Assuming you are using an online language translator. Please try and find a new online language translator. Because, if this is supposed to be your response to this post ("See link below"). Whatever you're using for language translation currently. Is failing to provide the proper translation for that post. Because you told me in a recent prior post that it's not my business what you do.
As i already said on top:
Using a translator - it's just for fun!

Yet your websites are is in your signature here and now your giving me direct links to your websites. Yet none of this information is supposed to be anyone's business, including mine.
Please read or re-read my response about your websites. I don't require links to your websites again. I already know how to get to them using your signature here.
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?2601-Hikvison-Permanent-Region-Code-Changer-*SUSPENDED*&p=22440&viewfull=1#post22440
Don
Don. You can not see beyond your nose. ;)
But it is your choice! ;) ;) ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What do you call someone that sells things that they don't own?
Curious. Do you call them a business person, an entrepreneur or a thief?
People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.
Don
Usually when kids do not give what they want, they begin to act up and hysteria attracting the attention of others.
Of course children can not make the argument that it is necessary to share information with others because they have not developed so much selfishness and greed, because they have other questions.
But you're stuck in the middle!

In addition, you use double standards.
But that's your problem, not mine.
If you use the term thief, then start with yourself, and then move on to all forum members interested in the issues of how to make cheap equipment is more expensive, for which they have not paid.
You just ridiculous!

;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No child here or double standards. Just the law.
That said. Selling someone else's property is not the same.
What CBX and you have been doing is not considered a "New Work". Because it's not different enough from the original copy written software after the ("Hack") percentage wise. To be considered or construed in any court of law as a "New Work" or AKA an original work. Because of that, it's a unauthorized "Derivative work". Created without permission, from the original copyright holders work and no ownership can be claimed by CBX or anyone doing the same for that matter, due to that fact.
I quote:
"What does a copyright authorize the copyright owner to do, or to restrict others from doing?
Subject to certain limitations, a copyright owner has the exclusive right to:
•reproduce the work by making copies of it;
•distribute copies of the work to the public by sale, donation, rental, or lending;
•prepare new works derived from the original (for example, a novel adapted into a play, or a translation, or a musical arrangement); and
•publicly perform or display the work.

Anyone who does any of these things without authorization infringes the copyright and can be liable to the copyright owner for damages. In some cases, in lieu of proving actual damages, the copyright owner can recover statutory damages of up to $30,000, or up to $150,000 if the infringement was willful, for the infringement of a work. Infringement can also be a crime, punishable by fine or imprisonment."
From: http://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use
I will do my best here one last time. To help you try to comprehend what a "Derivative work" based on copy written work owned by someone else is. When it's created without the copyright owners permission to do so. By supplying this link. I can't make or force you read any of this however:
Copyright in Derivative Works and Compilations
Going back to my car analogy in my prior post. What you are trying to suggest is:
That it's ok for CBX to steal Hikvisions car and resell it ("With slight modifications"). But it's not ok for Carl to steal that same Hikvision car ("With slight modifications") away from CBX and give that car away. How is it possible that CBX did nothing wrong but only Carl did do something wrong? LOL
If you won't try to comprehend that all this is current law and fact and not fiction. Then no amount of words by me or anyone else can fix that and it won't make that fact any less factual.
Slinging insults, also wont make that fact, any less factual as well.
Don
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......... law ;)

You do not understand what you write, because you do not know the subject matter.
To begin with sights of GNU GPL, and then argue about anything.
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Two wrongs don't make a right.
It's not relevant to selling someone else property that you don't own even if they have GPL issues that they should be dealing with. It won't save you in court as an excuse for sure. It does not make selling someone else's property somehow legal by using that excuse.
Don
Don!

Who said wrong? You!
it is the truth - no, just you say so.

Ie for sale for you is unacceptable, and the use and dissemination of information as to break acceptable to you.
Then you attentively studied the laws and just everything is considered in your favor.

;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please study the law. These are not my feelings or emotions. These are laws that have nothing to do with me and or how I feel. Nobody asked me for my opinion when they created these laws in your country, my country and virtually every country in the world.
This is one of the things that makes me wonder. With an attitude like this and ethics like this. Why should I or anyone else believe that there are not "Back Doors" or "Malware" not included in this deal of selling someone else property?
Just saying, you and CBX have proven that your moral compass is off enough to disregard the law already. So, where do your ethical boundaries begin/end?
Secondly. I find it kind of ironic to be paying someone for someone else's property when the entire reason for installing security cameras is to capture others trying to do the same with my properly. LOL! Sounds like inviting bad karma to me. If that's possible to do. Can't think of a better way to do it.
Again. People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.
Don
What are you talking about?
You're drunk or you do not cut into what is happening?
;)

bouncy

n3wb
Reaction score
lol @ itunedvr, your appalling english, or your appalling translator makes entertaining reading for the english. This is a forum, where people share ideas, information and assistance when required, its not a shop. If you want to sell your services which you may or may not be entitled to do under various laws, go get yourself an ebay account, and start selling your mods on there. Asking for help on a forum dedicated to ipcamtalk (the name sort of gives it away) isn't begging, and clearly your mindset is not in tune with the spirit of this forum (or to be fair any community where people help people). You and CBX should go and get a room (or better yet, an ebay account ;D).

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please get a new online translator and read the copyright law or have someone explain the laws to you, that knows something about copyright law. In your country and other countries you sell others goods that you don't own. Because insulting me, does not and will not change these laws or make those laws somehow "Go away:
http://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use
http://copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf
Don
Maybe you need it? I certainly do not need it, I did not break any laws.
I'll use what I saw fit and the translator, who felt it necessary to go on to enrage you.
I repeat once again for the stupid and idiots, I do not sell!
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
lol @ itunedvr, your appalling english, or your appalling translator makes entertaining reading for the english. This is a forum, where people share ideas, information and assistance when required, its not a shop. If you want to sell your services which you may or may not be entitled to do under various laws, go get yourself an ebay account, and start selling your mods on there. Asking for help on a forum dedicated to ipcamtalk (the name sort of gives it away) isn't begging, and clearly your mindset is not in tune with the spirit of this forum (or to be fair any community where people help people). You and CBX should go and get a room (or better yet, an ebay account ;D).
You is not at all concerned. Forum is free and you do not tell me what to do, and what not. What a translator to use and which are not.
If you have a complaint, then transfer them to the Google, Microsoft, or where else to be correctly translated from Russian into other languages.
English restricted language and can not transmit all colors Russian, so this is your problem in a misunderstanding, not mine.

Do you want to share something - gone.
People turn to me for help with their personal problems of non-commercial nature and I help them for free.
Maybe you did something useful in life, someone help?
I do my thing and they'll continue to do.
Explore various interesting things. And what to do with the results - it's nobody's business.
;)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Don, copyright laws in Russia are there but does anyone care or follow them? Nope. No one gets punished for breaking them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.