Hilook nvr

ShaneA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first poster here. I've got two hilook cameras running on Netcam Studio but want to claim my laptop back lol. Ive been looking at the hilook 104 poe nvr. My question is, if I use motion detection does the playback software create thumbnails that you can see / review before actually playing back the footage like Netcam does so I can decide what has set the camera off, cats, people, cars and decide wether or not to playback the clip. I've watched loads of youtube clips but not seen exactly what I'm looking for. Hope this makes sense? Thanks

Reaction score
Usually motion detection will save a clip of whatever that motion is. But remember that motion could be anything, shadows, trees, piece of paper, animals and people. Some NVR's are better than others, i am not familiar with Hilook. But generally the cheaper the camera or NVR, the less features they have. Some cameras as well as NVR, have the ability to only record motion of people, cars, or animals, but they are usually more expensive. Check out the wiki in the tool bar above there is a lot of information to digest. Amcrest, Hikvision, and Dahua are just a few that have NVR at different price points, that can do the Intelligent motion recording. Good Luck

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But generally the cheaper the camera or NVR, the less features they have.
Quite true.
The last HiLook (IPC-T140) camera I explored only had motion detection, none of the useful Smart Events such as Line Crossing detection, Intrusion detection.
Despite running on the same hardware as the more up-market models.

I'd bet the same marketing ploy has been applied to the HiLook NVRs also.