His vision 7732 ni sp

l2skp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to hik vision and have installed ds 7732 with 7 cameras on main nvr and
15 cameras on second Poe switch connected to lan port on back of nvr
These cameras are on 192.168.254.2 to 192 .168.254.24
Customers lan is 192.168.1.1 how will I connect customers lan network to nvr as lan port used on nvr and cameras on different range

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
15 cameras on second Poe switch connected to lan port on back of nvr
These cameras are on 192.168.254.2 to 192 .168.254.24
Are all these cameras connected to the PoE ports on the back of the NVR?

ds 7732 with 7 cameras on main nvr and
Are these cameras connected to a switch that is also connected to the LAN port of the NVR?

Assuming the 7 cameras are connected to a switch into which the NVR LAN port is connected, just connect one of the switch ports to the customer LAN.
"7 cameras on main nvr" is not clear.

l2skp

n3wb
Reaction score
The nvr has 16 Poe ports on back off nvr of which seven are being used for local cameras
There is a second remote Poe switch on second floor which is connected into nvr lan port which has 15 cameras connected
All cameras are in range of 192.168.254.2. to 192.168.254.24
Customer network is 192.168.1.1 with only one lan port being used for Poe switch on second floor where would Network cable run from customers network connect and how would it be configured as they are on different ranges

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a second remote Poe switch on second floor which is connected into nvr lan port which has 15 cameras connected
All cameras are in range of 192.168.254.2. to 192.168.254.24
OK, that's clearer, I think I understand now. You have configured the NVR LAN IP address to be on the same range as the PoE ports interface.
Customer network is 192.168.1.1 with only one lan port being used for Poe switch on second floor where would Network cable run from customers network connect
The first step would be to either connect a cable from the customer network into the PoE switch on the second floor, or if that is not practical due to location, you would need either:
Both the NVR LAN port and the cable from the PoE switch on the second floor connected to the customer network.
Or
Add a new switch near the NVR and connect the NVR LAN port to the new switch, the second floor PoE switch to the new switch, and the customer network to the new switch.
So the customer network cable gets added to either the second floor PoE switch, or one cable each to the NVR and also second floor PoE switch, or one cable to a new switch near the NVR.

When you have done this, the NVR and the 15 cameras are all physically on the customer network - but with incompatible IP address ranges.
To make the NVR and the 15 cameras logically accessible, you will need to change the IP addresses of both the NVR LAN interface and all the 15 cameras to values on the customer network that the customer will assign to you.
With a PC connected to the customer network, you should be able to make all the IP address changes on the 15 cameras and the NVR using SADP, even when they are on the different IP address ranges.
Then you will have to use the Camera Configuration menus on the NVR to change the camera IP address definitions to the new values.

This sounds complicated - but it isn't if you approach it logically.

Be aware that when the NVR and the cameras are on the customer network, anyone on the network will be able to access them.
If that is not desirable, a more complex network arrangement will be needed.

I hope that makes sense, and I have understood correctly.
Good luck!

l2skp

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your answer sounds like I am going to be very busy tomorrow