HiWatch HWN-2108H-8P

sirek114

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem. I have HiWatch HWN-2108H-8P and IP Cam HiWatch HWI-B140H (2.8mm).

I set the nvr - password and so on... then I have connection to my internet router and IP cam to POE connector... I see that the cam is in POE in settings and power comsumpiton about 3-5W but I cannot to add the cam because I dont see the cam in any option - i am trying to add cam and try to search but the cam I see nowhere.

But if I connect the cam to external POE and the externat POE to internet router I see the cam in NVR and I can see the video and so on...

But I dont know why if I connect cam to direct to POE connection on NVR it is doesnt possible to add cam...

Can you help me?

thank you

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But if I connect the cam to external POE and the externat POE to internet router I see the cam in NVR and I can see the video and so on...
But I dont know why if I connect cam to direct to POE connection on NVR it is doesnt possible to add cam...
Maybe with the camera 'activated' and the IP address set to match the LAN, the NVR PoE ports cannot connect to it.
Suggest : Reset the camera to defaults so it's 'Inactive' and connect to the NVR PoE port.

That's how it would work with a 'normal' Hikvision NVR.
But I know that HiWatch products are 'dumbed-down' with features removed, so no guarantees that would work with them.

sirek114

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe with the camera 'activated' and the IP address set to match the LAN, the NVR PoE ports cannot connect to it.
Suggest : Reset the camera to defaults so it's 'Inactive' and connect to the NVR PoE port.

That's how it would work with a 'normal' Hikvision NVR.
But I know that HiWatch products are 'dumbed-down' with features removed, so no guarantees that would work with them.
Yes, it works...

thank you very much