Home Assistant

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Haven't been around in a long time. Anyone running home assistant here? Doing anything cool with it and blue iris or cams in general? anything else cool?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am running Home Assistant and have BI send an MQTT command to HA to announce through my echo devices when someone is at my front door. I am also using the same setup to alert me when a car pulls into my front or back driveway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holbs

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Over New Year's Weekend, I got around to installing HA on a NUC. Just gots it installed and functioning. I have Blue Iris and new cams nearly installed. And should have my DSC w/EVL link up as well. Should be a fun weekend to hurt my brain.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I am running Home Assistant and have BI send an MQTT command to HA to announce through my echo devices when someone is at my front door. I am also using the same setup to alert me when a car pulls into my front or back driveway.

Nice, I just have scripts that change my BI profile when my HA alarm panel state changes to match, and HA triggers BI when the HA alarm triggers, just using http commands and nothing fancy like MQTT.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Hey, are you viewing cams from BI in lovelace? If so can you post an example config?

Caveman81

n3wb
Reaction score
I have HA setup to toggle IVS rules depending on time and whether it senses our phones in the house.

We also had a rabbit and raccoon problem that was destroying our lawn. I used HA, appdaemon and an add-on app (seen it talked about here on the site) to activate some sprinklers I made to spray them if they tripped a “pest” ivs rule after 11pm.

Still exploring all the other features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk