Home invasion

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Crazy

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Terrifying. Looked like one of them wasn't wearing gloves and touched a number of surfaces so they should have gotten fingerprints.

I like to think that if someone tried that around here they'd leave in body bags, but my brother doesn't keep his guns loaded...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that's really scary, looks like they had some knives in their hands. Glad no one was hurt.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
An unloaded gun is a useless gun. They have to get past my dogs and various handguns...

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Weird vid, lots of interior cameras. What were they running around from? They will almost certainly be caught. Lots of images of them.

I have thought about this before. If that were me and the cops were unable to find them I would make a small website about it dedicated to videos/images of them, and have a reward, then post flyers at various spots in the area, because you know they're almost certainly local and somebody would recognize them. Mine would be a mission of spite. I wouldn't be in it to recoup losses, but just because eventually the flyer would find its way to these two and they'd know they were sunk because somebody will turn them in for money.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think I'm a fan of interior caneras. I don't want to be recorded in my house

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured the same thing but then I put up a Hikvision 2432 in my kitchen and it records me in my birthday suit all the time. It isn't forwarded to the internet at all so it is about as secure as it can be.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think I'm a fan of interior caneras. I don't want to be recorded in my house
I just disable all my interior cams in my "Home" profile. The "Away" profile has them enabled so I only get recording when I come home just before I switch profiles.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think you can know when something like this is going to happen to you. I have interior cams just for this reason. If someone comes into my home when I am there, I am going to shoot to kill and want video evidence on my side when the cops show up.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd wish I had footage like this in the event of a burglary, but I agree. Other than baby cams for that specific purpose, I'm not a fan of interior cams. Maybe with geofencing used to record only when I'm gone, but even then, can't see myself putting cams everywhere inside.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bp2008. That's what I worry about, I have a lot of birthdays ariund here.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I only recorded when I was gone it would not do any good for times when I was home and I was a victim of home invasion

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Geofencing introduces a possible failure point, though.

Really, if you have a small camera recording to SD and you check on it every once in a while when you're at home to ensure it's still running, you could make it inaccessible to the internet. If you wanted to be extra safe that nobody gets it, don't even let it onto your home network at all; plug it into the wall, have it hidden behind a plant, and looping onto an SD card.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice PDF. Whoever put it together did a good job. If what they say about the 3 year recommended, likely actual 1 is right, that's just a sin. Burglary of an actual abode needs to be in a special group of monitor convicts during which for a very lengthy period post-release they have to wear an ankle bracelet. Recidivism is exceedingly high and the odds of either of these hoodlums recurring is almost certainly higher than 50%.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You're not kidding. I just watched an ABC segment (as a click-through) from one of these caught-on-tape segments, and the "expert" they hired to show weaknesses was a convicted robber. He was on probation, and had "turned his life around" teaching people how not to make it too easy for them to get robbed. The segment ended with, "By the way, our expert is in jail - he was caught robbing since he contributed to this piece." Must be like crack cocaine.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You're not kidding. I just watched an ABC segment (as a click-through) from one of these caught-on-tape segments, and the "expert" they hired to show weaknesses was a convicted robber. He was on probation, and had "turned his life around" teaching people how not to make it too easy for them to get robbed. The segment ended with, "By the way, our expert is in jail - he was caught robbing since he contributed to this piece." Must be like crack cocaine.
I don't want to say hahha, but haha! Life is full of things that done once are much easier to do the second time. And the sort of person who thinks this is a good idea before he has any criminal convictions will find life harder to live legitimately with them, so cruely will have even less motivation not to repeat, from that sense.