Homeowner shoots thief rummaging through truck

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody faking a video for clickbait. As previously said, no muzzle flash. Also fake dive, he goes sideways after being shot without going back first, plus windmilling his flashlight without dropping it? The trenchcoat seals it though.

As far as production value goes, he's got zero lighting budget and needs to upgrade the cam to something more modern. IPC-HDW5231R-Z would've been better, plus additional white light instead of relying on the cam's internal IR would've allowed for colour video. At the very least an external illuminator would've helped a lot. He's also asking a lot of area for one cam to cover at night if that's the only ID cam on the vehicles. Adequate for hits and controversy on LiveLeak though. :)

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks to me like he shot an unarmed man who was backpedaling.
In many states it's perfectly legal to shoot someone at night on your property while they are commuting a crime. Armed or not. In my state, Texas, the bar is pretty low. Deadly force is lawful for something as simple as criminal mischief during the nighttime. You can even shoot to prevent someone from fleeing with your stolen property as long as you reasonably believe it cannot be retrieved by other means. So unless you know the person who is running away with your stuff you are free to shoot. Where I live the stolen property recovery rate is under 8% so the chances of getting your stuff back is slim.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read the news clip thjats on the link in live leak, he was shot with a .380 and apparently in N.C. its legal to defend yourself to the death over a car thief.
I read North Carolina General Statute 14-51.2. From what I read, it specifies that the motor vehicle must be occupied by the person using defensive force when that defensive force is used. In other words, you can't shoot someone breaking into your car and you are outside the vehicle watching them. Now if you are in the car and someone is trying to get in, that's a different story. Therefore, the person using deadly force was not justified to shoot the perp and would have been arrested. Lastly, it's doubtful he'd be posting videos of it unless....yep, it's FAKE! That's my take.

Don't get me wrong....I know that thieves and robbers are not child molesters, elder abusers, rapists or murderers but I hate 'em just as much.