Homeowner With One Question

Reaction score
I just installed a system at my house and have really enjoyed fooling around with it. I've learned a ton lurking here.

Here's my question, I have an lts cmip3142w-28 in my living area that shuts off after everyone leaves the room and turns out the lights (the live feed shows what looks like the shutter). When you walk back in the room and turn the lights on, the camera audibly clicks and you get a live recording of the room again. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to keep it recording a live picture whether or not there is activity in the room? It's not set to record on motion only. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed a system at my house and have really enjoyed fooling around with it. I've learned a ton lurking here.

Here's my question, I have an lts cmip3142w-28 in my living area that shuts off after everyone leaves the room and turns out the lights (the live feed shows what looks like the shutter). When you walk back in the room and turn the lights on, the camera audibly clicks and you get a live recording of the room again. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to keep it recording a live picture whether or not there is activity in the room? It's not set to record on motion only. Thanks!
are you saying that the feed is black? or no signal at all? if black, ensure the camera is set to auto day/night ...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

If I understand you correctly, you want it to record continuously, not because of motion detect.
If so, refer to Chapter 7, Section 7.2 "Configuring Recording Schedule" starting on page 82 of 'User Manual' ==>> here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Attached is a live screen shot. When I turn the lights out I hear an audible click when the IR switches on and the screen shows the attached. It's like a reflection.
that is IR reflection due to an improperly installed camera..post an image of how the camera is installed...it might be something near ir or the foam is not properly secured around the lens....the click is the IR cut filer....read this pdf
Hikvision Foggy as ***

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Attached is a live screen shot. When I turn the lights out I hear an audible click when the IR switches on and the screen shows the attached. It's like a reflection.
Wow. I would never have guessed from your first post what your question was, the screenshot clears that up (no pun intended).
@fenderman has likely pointed you in the right direction (I was already 'sawing logs' as he did so, too). :D

Reaction score
Wow. I would never have guessed from your first post what your question was, the screenshot clears that up (no pun intended).
@fenderman has likely pointed you in the right direction (I was already 'sawing logs' as he did so, too). :D
Yeah...I was struggling with wording the question correctly. Thanks all!

Reaction score
The .pdf file that @fenderman referred to explains a lot. One member's cam apparently was missing the foam ring and he made one ==>> here.
WOW, so I just looked at the camera and it's missing the foam ring! Bingo! Do you know if I can order that piece separately or do I need to rig it myself?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW, so I just looked at the camera and it's missing the foam ring! Bingo! Do you know if I can order that piece separately or do I need to rig it myself?
contact lts...it should have been there...did you remove it during installation?