Hooking up existing camera from previous owner

Demak5532

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I've lived in a rental house for about a year now and I have this two Xfinity cameras in the front of my house and there from the previous owner. I knew they work because the red senor light turns on when you walk in front of it and the green lights always on. Now I want to know if I can use hook those cameras up to a screen somehow. Theres a wall outlet in the master bedroom that I think the cameras screen hooked up too. I want to use them as my own and I dont know how.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If those are indeed analog cameras using a coax cable then I would expect to see two jacks, not just one. It would help if you could identify a model number on the camera enclosure.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I
Hello, I've lived in a rental house for about a year now and I have this two Xfinity cameras in the front of my house and there from the previous owner. I knew they work because the red senor light turns on when you walk in front of it and the green lights always on. Now I want to know if I can use hook those cameras up to a screen somehow. Theres a wall outlet in the master bedroom that I think the cameras screen hooked up too. I want to use them as my own and I dont know how.
That camera uses ethernet. The bedroom connection is a standard cable connection and has nothing to do with the camera.
toss the camera, replace with something that has a good image, see wiki, find the other end of that connection and use that line.

Reaction score
I've lived in a rental house for about a year now and I have this two Xfinity cameras in the front of my house and there from the previous owner.
Out of curiosity, if those cameras are still working, do you think the previous owner has them connected somewhere and is spying on you?