Horrendous glare in IR mode

Eviriany

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just installed this camera in the last couple of days, am still working out all the finicky bits... But one thing I just cant put up with is the attrocious glare i seem to get in IR mode...

Anyone had this issue before and managed to fix?

TIA - Evi

Eviriany

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate - I'll re-seat the dome tomorrow and give it a good scrub!

Eviriany

n3wb
Reaction score
Touch hard to do so atm given it's 4am ;) but highly doubt it - It's mounted face-on to my shed, looking out towards the house

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but that curved plastic dome is capable of catching light from a side angle and causing this issue.. it could be coming from well out of frame.

Eviriany

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the only extra "light" in the area outside of the cars - Will try and get a pic of sorts

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
whats your daytime shot; it looks like half your image is a wall.. that would be a major problem.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok that helps, all suspects are now just the dome its self, take it off and the problem will vanish... clean it up really good and make sure that foam ring is firmly seated.

Eviriany

n3wb
Reaction score
Shall do before work ~12hrs - night shifts are always fun, but it's raining atm so that doesn't help!

Now to work out how to make ivms record - Any guides / "for dummies" things available?