Hosafe mini nvr froze after firmware upgrade attempt

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
After trying to upgrade the firmware to my MINI NVR (8ch) the browser crashed after the firmware upload started.
As a result the MINI NVR is now broken, it starts up, the network lights go green and orange, but that's it.
No network address, no boot up when hooked up to a display, just showing the startup screen with Network Video Recorder and that's it.... :sad2:

Is there anyone with similar experience that has a way of recovering a MINI NVR ? (they are probably all the same on the inside, what ever brand it is)

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I have send an email last week, no reply yet. i have just send a message using Skype too.
See what they come back with. Would be great if there's a reset option, there's no button or any screws on the device...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you got a photo of the unit? I think I might have the firmware for that model (it's not made by HoSafe).

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have firmware, but the device doesn't respond, so I can't use the webinterface to get the firmware in.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe try this, if you haven't already.
Also there are MS contacts showing, you can message with Skype these days:
Unfortunately Hosafe doesn't respond to anything, not to email, not to skype, no Skype messaging. Nice :numbness:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately Hosafe doesn't respond to anything, not to email, not to skype, no Skype messaging. Nice :numbness:
It's not worth the time and effort to try and fix it. Hosafe are just box-shifters so won't fix it. It'll be cheaper to buy another one from a decent supplier and have them update the firmware to the latest version.

But why did you update the firmware? Was it not working?

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
:shame: It worked fine, but I heard there was new firmware supporting HTML5 so it would work on every browser.
It was more or less an experiment and I'm not without recording, as I use Angelcam and BlueIris too, but somehow I just DO want to fix this device.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have one of these, and I think they are quite good if you are happy setting it up.

I will ask my supplier to see if they know a way of fixing it.

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Del Boy, were you able to check with your supplier?
I have been able to open the device and remove the backup battery for a day, but still no success.
All it shows is a screen with NETWORK VIDEO RECORDER, some 010001011010100011 and some blue blocks.
but... the drive runs, the network lights are blinking.