Hot zones and PTZ presets

Steve-S63

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting BI to recognize motion and/or record clips when there is movement in the hot zones I have setup. I went into camera properties for that camera, an Amcrest model IP2M-841W, and then to PTZ/Control. I setup the preset positions in the software that came with the camera. I clicked on Edit presets and selected override motion zones and clicked edit and used the tools to set the hot zones. I went to trigger the zones to test it and there is no recording. I have 2 other cameras, web cams, working fine but they do not PTZ obviously (used to have 3 but after a HD failure and re-install only 2 will work and at 1/2 the res I used to get). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong in getting these PTZ zones to work?

Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting BI to recognize motion and/or record clips when there is movement in the hot zones I have setup. I went into camera properties for that camera, an Amcrest model IP2M-841W, and then to PTZ/Control. I setup the preset positions in the software that came with the camera. I clicked on Edit presets and selected override motion zones and clicked edit and used the tools to set the hot zones. I went to trigger the zones to test it and there is no recording. I have 2 other cameras, web cams, working fine but they do not PTZ obviously (used to have 3 but after a HD failure and re-install only 2 will work and at 1/2 the res I used to get). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong in getting these PTZ zones to work?

Steve
you will need to post screenshots of your settings...

jcc

n3wb
Reaction score
A common omission is not to set the zone that contains the other zones, i.e., zones B and C, for example, must be contained within an encompassing zone A. There is a good youtube video explaining it.

Steve-S63

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not realize that zone A was a master zone that had to exist. Thanks for that information JCC.