How can I activate infrared (Night Vision) on Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW?

misyourd

n3wb
Reaction score
They gave me 6 DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras, after trying so much I managed to configure them all, with exactly the same settings (Resolution, alarms, etc...) But only one camera turned on the night vision correctly, the others simply turned gray, but they don't illuminate enough so it looks dark.
Captura de pantalla 2024-08-23 220013.png
Even one of them is always gray, it does not automatically change to color, the only way I see that it changes to color is to manually change the switch by day, but this way when night comes you cannot see absolutely anything.
Captura de pantalla 2024-08-23 220035.png

I have tried placing a switch programmed to start night mode at 6 p.m. and end at 7 a.m., and day mode starts at 7 a.m., but I get an error when I want to save this schedule.
Captura de pantalla 2024-08-23 220121.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What browser are you using when configuring the cameras?
Use IE (Internet Explorer) or Edge, Chrome or Brave with the "IE Tab" extension so the plug-in can be downloaded from the camera and installed.

IE can also be run from Windows 10 and 11 as follows:
  • Open Notepad:
  • Copy then paste the single line of code below into Notepad:
  • CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  • Save as OpenIE.vbs
  • Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  • Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.

misyourd

n3wb
Reaction score
What browser are you using when configuring the cameras?
Use IE (Internet Explorer) or Edge, Chrome or Brave with the "IE Tab" extension so the plug-in can be downloaded from the camera and installed.

IE can also be run from Windows 10 and 11 as follows:
  • Open Notepad:
  • Copy then paste the single line of code below into Notepad:
  • CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  • Save as OpenIE.vbs
  • Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  • Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.
But what does this have to do with my question? I use edge and also the iVMS-4200 program

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Were the cameras used by the whoever gave them to you? Maybe they gave them to you because they didn't work correctly? Just gussineg by your 1st line in your post.

Michael

misyourd

n3wb
Reaction score
Were the cameras used by the whoever gave them to you? Maybe they gave them to you because they didn't work correctly? Just gussineg by your 1st line in your post.

Michael
Yes, it works correctly. When I restart or disconnect and connect the camera from the power, you can see how the IR is on, but once the camera finishes turning on, the IR turns off.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-08-28 a las 22.10.47_b4f2607c.jpg

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-08-28 a las 22.10.46_a5dcf935.jpg