How can I camouflage my ip camera (I have questions)

flower

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I have a question about using flowers to camouflage my IP cameras. I have a few Dahua cameras installed around my house, and I want to make them less noticeable and more aesthetically pleasing. I have read some posts on this forum and other websites about how to use flowers, plants, birdhouses, or other objects to hide or disguise the cameras, but I still have some doubts and challenges. I hope you can help me out.
First of all, I want to know which flowers are the best to use for this purpose. I have tried some common flowers, such as roses, marigolds, and daisies, but they either block the view of the camera, or attract too much attention from birds and insects. I have also heard that some flowers, such as lilies, can damage the camera lens or housing with their pollen or sap. How can I find out which flowers are safe and suitable for camouflaging my cameras?
Second, I want to know how to arrange the flowers around the cameras. I have been following some basic tips, such as using natural colors, avoiding patterns, and creating depth and contrast, but I am not sure if I am doing it right. How can I make the flowers look natural and realistic, and not like a fake cover? How can I ensure that the flowers do not interfere with the camera’s field of view, motion detection, or night vision?
Third, I want to know how to adjust the blue iris settings for the cameras with flowers. I have noticed that some of my cameras with flowers have issues with exposure, white balance, or color accuracy. How can I optimize the blue iris settings for different lighting conditions, such as sunny, cloudy, or dusk? How can I avoid overexposure, glare, or reflection from the flowers? How can I enhance the image quality and clarity of the cameras with flowers?
I would appreciate any advice or tips from anyone who has experience or knowledge in using flowers to camouflage IP cameras. Thank you very much for your time and attention.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this one book marked from a while back.