how can I edit out myself in a video?

Reaction score
this is a iphone recording off my monitor so you can't see my fat self on the other end of the leash, but the quality is not there and I would like to send it to FWC for their panther study program

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
that looks like a very large house cat to me, not a cougar/puma/mountain lion/panther.

this is a young puma, west coast style. local puma tracker folks had just tagged him, and said he was an 85 lb young male. I know the Florida subvariety run a little smaller, but still, they move differently than a house cat, or the cat in your video.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it could be an immature cougar. Clumsy, and that tail is about as long as it's entire body in the OP's video. Paws are definitely on the larger/non-house cat size order. If you move through the video frame by frame there will be opportunities to compare it's various body proportions to different items in the alleyway. If those items are still there you could go out to measure them.

Too bad you aren't in a rural setting. I'd ask you to grab some of that sand you always have on hand to spread an area with about 1-2" to create a track trap..then wait. Cougars have easily distinguishable tracks. Nothing canid about them .. they're a cat after all. Round, claws retracted normally, no usual X pattern and so on.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
huh, ok. our pumas stay with their mom until they are about a year old and nearly mature size I have a few more camera captures of them around my place here on the midleft coast, as well as lots of bobcats, coyotes, etc.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
as far as how you crop with ffmpeg, its like this...

ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -filter:v "crop=w:h:x:y" out.mp4

where w, h, are the width and height of the output video, and x, y are the upper left corner offset.

If your original image is 2520 wide and on your screen, thats 10 inches wide, measure to where you want that left edge, say thats 3" from the edge of that 10" wide screen... so 2520 * 3/10 == 756, thats your X ... your W could be 2520-X == 1764 would be the width, unless you want to crop from the right. If you don't need to crop off top or bottom, then Y = 0, and H = whatever height the original is.

ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -filter:v "crop=1764:1520:756:0" out.mp4