How can I set my camera

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new camera some days ago.
There isn't a brand and it comes with its software. In Android you have Iminicam or P2PLiveCam and you can use with those apps without problems.
But I'd like to use with Tinycam f.e. but I can't get the audio.
I don't why I have this issue.
Furthermore I can't set the ddns server for access out of lan because its app can't modify those settings.
Can you help me?

Sent from Note 4 device - Rome - Italy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new camera some days ago.
There isn't a brand and it comes with its software. In Android you have Iminicam or P2PLiveCam and you can use with those apps without problems.
But I'd like to use with Tinycam f.e. but I can't get the audio.
I don't why I have this issue.
Furthermore I can't set the ddns server for access out of lan because its app can't modify those settings.
Can you help me?

Post a link to the camera. The camera may not provide a stream to third party apps. You dont need the camera to support ddns, you can use your routers ddns client.

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
Post a link to the camera. The camera may not provide a stream to third party apps. You dont need the camera to support ddns, you can use your routers ddns client.
Thanks my friend. The problem is that the camera doesn't have a brand or model

I hope that I can follow some similar camera to set him.

On Ddns don't we need to set at least third part ddns since you want to use that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks my friend. The problem is that the camera doesn't have a brand or model

I hope that I can follow some similar camera to set him.

On Ddns don't we need to set at least third part ddns since you want to use that?

Something is wrong, that box is for an AHD camera which is not ip (or the camera brand is ahd, but I doubt it since the box says connects directly to cctv.) I have never seen a camera that looks like the one pictured.

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
Something is wrong, that box is for an AHD camera which is not ip (or the camera brand is ahd, but I doubt it since the box says connects directly to cctv.) I have never seen a camera that looks like the one pictured.
Thanks. I'm not an expert. You mean that the box could be wrong or for a different camera.
A part from the box how do you think I can configure the camera?

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
As I said I don't read brand/model no.
The seller said me "There's no brand because it is only unique to us. If you go on YouTube there are similar versions type in : Dvr AC plug thanks"

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
AHD stands for *ANALOG* High Definition. Emphasis on ANALOG. The box is for a camera that doesn't even have an RJ45 network jack. They're too cheap to even get in the general neighbourhood of what kind of camera it is, let alone provide a model number. If you're getting a picture at all with other apps than the one supplied you're doing well. For audio, with no idea which generic noname dollar store camera you're using, you'll have to go through all of the possible audio settings for the camera and app and see if you can change something to get them talking to each other. In particular, look to change things like the audio encoding setting in my attachment. The receiving end has to know what the transmitting end is sending in order to decode it.

Attachments

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you my friends.
I searched into setting and in the browser web I found some informations about cam.
In attachments you have some clues about the camera.
I tried to set as P2P camera but I inserted the wrong Uid.
Infact the Uid I covered is 6 characters hyphen 12 characters hyphen 6 characters.
Probably I don't know which are the right characters to use. The Tinycam app required 20 characters..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can take screenshots of your computer by pressing the print screen key and pasting the image into paint or you can use the snipping tool.

Personally I wouldn't use the P2P function in any of these cameras, set up a VPN server.

umby75

n3wb
Reaction score
You can take screenshots of your computer by pressing the print screen key and pasting the image into paint or you can use the snipping tool.

Personally I wouldn't use the P2P function in any of these cameras, set up a VPN server.
How can I do it?
The camera doesn't have in its software the ddns configurable. How can I access it by externally?