How do I change camera IP address?

mfred68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Hikvision NVR (DS 7608) plug and play, changed my Onvif cameras all to 192.168.254.2xx when plugging them into the PoE ports.
I can see the cams using Onvif manager after changing my laptop network IP to 192.168.254.200 and plugging the laptop network cable into a spare PoE port.

However, I need to change a couple of the cameras back to 192.168.1.xx but I don't think the Onvif manager software allowes for me to do this.

Also, the cameras came with the instructions to download and use the CMS 2.0 software from dvripcam.com
But also in that software i cannot access the cameras for configuration, I keep getting a message: "CMS2.0\IPCamCfg.dll was denied" and I can't find a way round this either.

If I log onto the camera using internet explorer 11 I can get into the camera but i get an error that the QuickTime plugin is needed, and gives the option to download it, which i did several times, yet i still have the blank screen with the message QuickTime needed.

The user name for the camera is admin and the password should be left blank which is what i did.

It's realy driving me nuts now, ive been setting this system up for over a week now off and on, and still haven't got to the port forwarding of my Talktalk super router, which is another nightmare.

So for now, my main question is, how do i change the ip address of the camera back to 1 apposed to 254?

Any help greatly appreciated

mfred68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive also tried the SADP tool which i downloaded from the Hikvision website, but it seems to only detect my one Hikvision camera, the other 4 cameras that I have are non branded Onvif cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive also tried the SADP tool which i downloaded from the Hikvision website, but it seems to only detect my one Hikvision camera,
Yes, that's a Hikvision-specific tool, that uses the Hikvision protocol to command their cameras, and also some others that also support the Hikvision protocol.
but I don't think the Onvif manager software allowes for me to do this.
Did you try it? What happened?
It does support changing of a camera network configuration - provided it's given a userID/password that is valid for the camera, and the camera allows the IP configuration to be set over the ONVIF protocol.
and still haven't got to the port forwarding of my Talktalk super router, which is another nightmare.
That's probably just as well, considering all the vulnerabilities out in the open recently.
Loads of posts in the forum about the risks of exposing your network to the internet, and the ways you can mitigate those risks.