How do I Factory Reset a Q-See NVR QC-8116 ?

Drota

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot my password and I need to login. It says to contact Q-See but they're out of business.

I've tried the login/password info: admin/123456 admin/admin admin/6036huanyuan to no avail.

I'm seeing a post say to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds and put it back on (not same model). I've also seen what looks like someone had opened up the received and held a button down while powering the system on (not same model).

Does anyone have any info on this model that I could try?

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot my password and I need to login. It says to contact Q-See but they're out of business.

I've tried the login/password info: admin/123456 admin/admin admin/6036huanyuan to no avail.

I'm seeing a post say to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds and put it back on (not same model). I've also seen what looks like someone had opened up the received and held a button down while powering the system on (not same model).

Does anyone have any info on this model that I could try?

Thanks.
Welcome @Drota

please do remember to show more than just the NVRs model number, as Q-see has used at least 2 different OEMs and not everyone will look closer at the kit to help determine which OEM you have.

As Q-see website is no longer available I've had to look at other 3rd party sites ..

Images from Newegg and Walmart show what looks like a Dahua OEM kit to me, the cameras and NVR back images are included here.

Thus I would look for Dahua OEM NVR reset information...

1656962314395.png
1656962426290.png

Last edited: