Q-See password recovery

MyOldTools

n3wb
Reaction score
With Q-See closing shop, I need an admin password recovery. Does anyone know the formula they used to generate the recovery passwords? Any other tricks. This is a Knox K-8CN1.1-2.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know the cameras have a reset button but not the NVRs. I'm not familiar with this line of NVRs or who manufactured it but you may be SOL.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad you found the manufacture, hope they can help you.

Reaction score
I found a thread that Uniview manufactured this box. I have contacted them to see if they can help.
Were they able to help you reset your password?? My guy is having the same problem bc he can't log in using his password. He swears that I logged and changed password. I didn't, of course but this has been an on going argument. Could you please email me and help me resolve this if you were able to reset your password. kacilake83.kl@gmail.com is my email.

Reaction score
I have a Q-See cam that is almost 10 years old. It is a re-branded Dahua 1.3mp bullet, and it is still running.
See if yours was made by Dahua-- You could do a reset on that and then use the Dahua config tool to set it up again.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q-see .. remember some OEM items Dahua or their newer stuff was Uniview ( they may have used other OEMs also .. just in their last years I noticed those 2 OEMs )