How do these external connections work from third party bots?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So playing around with a different camera system I have set up and opened up my port, my camera is just laying in my closet because I'm not actually using this system, but I noticed that someone managed to log into my BI using my username, and evidently my password which is VERY obscure.

Does this mean what I think it means? They spent 6 minutes and 42 seconds looking at camera footage? Or is that seconds?

How would it connect through my user name and password? Is there a vulnerability?

I don't have my main system open, but plan to open behind a VPN like suggested in various places through this forum.

1683762849446.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am assuming the 174 IP is you?

The 143 IP is a VPN that hides users IP - are you running one of those and is that you?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 174 is not me, it seems like just your typical roaming bot.

The 143 though, I think you're right - that makes sense. I did have a VPN on through my browser when I was testing connection. Now that makes sense! Thanks

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have verizon yes - but when I log in through my phone it says Zfold4

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So playing around with a different camera system I have set up and opened up my port, my camera is just laying in my closet because I'm not actually using this system, but I noticed that someone managed to log into my BI using my username, and evidently my password which is VERY obscure.

Does this mean what I think it means? They spent 6 minutes and 42 seconds looking at camera footage? Or is that seconds?

How would it connect through my user name and password? Is there a vulnerability?

I don't have my main system open, but plan to open behind a VPN like suggested in various places through this forum.

View attachment 162519
The 174 connections were just that, connections, not data was transferred because they didnt have the correct username and password. You can see that in the log, Regardless stop port forwarding.