how do you isolate cameras from the inetent?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Words to live by "Assumptions shall not be made on the basis of scanty information"

You are all assuming that the IP address and MAC address are not being spoofed. Physical separation is the ONLY safe solution.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Words to live by "Assumptions shall not be made on the basis of scanty information"

You are all assuming that the IP address and MAC address are not being spoofed. Physical separation is the ONLY safe solution.
:thumb:

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

That is fine until you find there is a radio communication connection secretly built in.
73's

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
That is fine until you find there is a radio communication connection secretly built in.
HAH! No need to secretly build-in anything extra, it's current makeup already has everything needed. Noise, light, magnets... heck, they even figured out how to subvert your computer’s DRAM into wiggling the memory bus at 2.4 GHz – exactly the frequency range of the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi standards

wilddog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this discussion, since I have been wondering how to do this for some time. All my cams are hooked to the NVR and is on the same LAN 192.168.1.x as the rest of my devices. I routinely use OpenVPN to use my phone to access the cams remotely. This works very well. I ran the Gibson Research and it didn't find anything. My Asus router can not do VLANS. I would like to make sure that the NVR or cams are not able to do anything on their own. Something that has been discussed a good bit in this thread. However, I am still not sure how to proceed to accomplish this. Please let me know what you think will be the best route for me and still be able to access remotely.

Attachments

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Steve Gibson of Gibson Research is a bit of a self-promoting twit, and his silly security scanner doesn't do much other than a simple port scan.