How do you reload a mobile device that's been removed?

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
I mistakenly removed the android that was in the BI server, so I tried reloading through the android phone all the information necessary to connect to the server but the BI on the phone will not connect. I tried "forgetting the server" then reloading the server and it still will not load.

Please help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I mistakenly removed the android that was in the BI server, so I tried reloading through the android phone all the information necessary to connect to the server but the BI on the phone will not connect. I tried "forgetting the server" then reloading the server and it still will not load.

Please help
you are either not entering the info correctly or you tried too many times with the wrong user or password and the webserver is blocking you...go to webserver>advanced and make sure your ip is not in the limit ip box.

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
i did that but it still doesn't show up, but what I did do is "ADD" Blue Iris to the UpnP during the Remote Access Wizard set up feature to show the program accessing the network then put the IPs in the android and it worked. Unfortunately the android phone still doesn't show up as a Mobile Device in BI but I am able to at least access the system/cameras from it.

Thanks Fenderman as always you are a great resource to be able to access!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i did that but it still doesn't show up, but what I did do is "ADD" Blue Iris to the UpnP during the Remote Access Wizard set up feature to show the program accessing the network then put the IPs in the android and it worked. Unfortunately the android phone still doesn't show up as a Mobile Device in BI but I am able to at least access the system/cameras from it.

Thanks Fenderman as always you are a great resource to be able to access!!
never use upnp...disable it on the router too...otherwise your cameras will pop a hole right through your firewall...
you had setup something incorrectly.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you get this to work? I have the same issue I had to factory reset my phone and ever since then I have not been able to remotely access Blue Iris Galaxy S8 Plus.

It was working for over a year with no problem my forwarding is working no firewall is blocking it etc all the settings on the computer the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you get this to work? I have the same issue I had to factory reset my phone and ever since then I have not been able to remotely access Blue Iris Galaxy S8 Plus.

It was working for over a year with no problem my forwarding is working no firewall is blocking it etc all the settings on the computer the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Forwarding ports is a security risk. See VPN Primer for Noobs
Try un-installing the app from your phone, then re-install.