How do you safe a schedule profile.

jmmorgan83

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to create a global schedule. I open the option icon and select the schedule tab. I create a new pre-set name "test". I select profile 4 and edit. With green (profile active?) and white areas (profile not active?). There is no save button, so I select ok. However when the pre-set name "test" comes up, the default profile 1 is active, not profile 4. When I select profile 4, the profile has no effect on the trigger/motion function that I set up in the camera. Therefore, I do not think the profile 4 is being saved. A save button would be nice.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jm

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to create a global schedule. I open the option icon and select the schedule tab. I create a new pre-set name "test". I select profile 4 and edit. With green (profile active?) and white areas (profile not active?). There is no save button, so I select ok. However when the pre-set name "test" comes up, the default profile 1 is active, not profile 4. When I select profile 4, the profile has no effect on the trigger/motion function that I set up in the camera. Therefore, I do not think the profile 4 is being saved. A save button would be nice.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jm
You are not understanding how schedules and profiles work...step one is to read the help file again...note you likely dont need to set the schedule, leave it at default...then changes the profiles as needed...
You dont select a profile, a profile is time dependent to whatever you set it to. No need for a save button its saved when you hit ok

jmmorgan83

n3wb
Reaction score
You are not understanding how schedules and profiles work...step one is to read the help file again...note you likely dont need to set the schedule, leave it at default...then changes the profiles as needed...
You dont select a profile, a profile is time dependent to whatever you set it to. No need for a save button its saved when you hit ok
Sorry, I am a little slow. Unfortunately, I have read the help files many times and I am clearly to not understand how the schedule work. All I want to do is set two profiles, one "away" (Cameras detect motion/record 24/7) and another profile "home" (Cameras detect motion/record only during the night hours). Ideally the cameras who be inactive during the day. How should I achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am a little slow. Unfortunately, I have read the help files many times and I am clearly to not understand how the schedule work. All I want to do is set two profiles, one "away" (Cameras detect motion/record 24/7) and another profile "home" (Cameras detect motion/record only during the night hours). Ideally the cameras who be inactive during the day. How should I achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.
forget about schedules...leave default...
you simply need two profiles...
you dont indicate if you are trying to schedule them to change at a specific time or you will do it manually.
even if you are home you want your outside cameras recording.

jmmorgan83

n3wb
Reaction score
They will change at a specific time. It has to be automatic. Yes the outside cameras will be recording. I am just trying to get one camera to work with a profile that has times with the camera will record and time when it will not. I thought that what the global schedule would do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They will change at a specific time. It has to be automatic. Yes the outside cameras will be recording. I am just trying to get one camera to work with a profile that has times with the camera will record and time when it will not. I thought that what the global schedule would do.
yes but its easier to simply do this on the one inside camera by selecting schedule in the camera itself and over ride the global...simply draw the two profiles and then adjust settings in the properties to reflect the changes you want.

jmmorgan83

n3wb
Reaction score
But I have multiple inside/outside cameras. I thought that is what the global function would allow me do, rather going into each camera and setting the schedule. That was one of the reason to upgrade to this version. So the bottom line is that the global schedule is basically non-functional.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But I have multiple inside/outside cameras. I thought that is what the global function would allow me do, rather going into each camera and setting the schedule. That was one of the reason to upgrade to this version. So the bottom line is that the global schedule is basically non-functional.
No why do you keep jumping to conclusions. I simply stated that if it was ONE camera you are trying to set, you should go about it that way, and i said this because YOU said you are trying to set one camera.. The global schedule is fully functional as it was in v3...set two profiles then go to each camera and set the functions you want for the specific profile

jmmorgan83

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried that and it didn't work. I was testing with one camera. I just need some guidance. I was unable to set a profile as I initially stated. Is there away to pull up the profile and see what was saved?

Alimanya

n3wb
Reaction score
This video helped me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried that and it didn't work. I was testing with one camera. I just need some guidance. I was unable to set a profile as I initially stated. Is there away to pull up the profile and see what was saved?
the profile time is displayed in the schedule..the profile settings are displayed in the specific setting when you select the profile from the dropdown..its working and set, this is basic user error...