How do you set alerts/motion on multiple cameras in a group at once?

Reaction score
I can't figure it out! Do I really need to set triggers, motion, and record settings on each camera individually?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't figure it out! Do I really need to set triggers, motion, and record settings on each camera individually?
yes, because each camera has a different POV so naturally those settings will differ....if you wish, you can set one camera then export/import into the rest.

Reaction score
hmm... I guess that makes sense for motion detect hot spots - but a lot of cameras would have identical alerting setup.

I think a profile should have global alert notification settings. ...or something. I don't know, I just started using the system. I'll give the export/import a try but I think there's probably something that could be done here to make this more intuitive for new users.

Reaction score
The Export->Import is not suitable for copying detection/notification settings to multiple cameras because it also copies specific camera device mapping. :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmm... I guess that makes sense for motion detect hot spots - but a lot of cameras would have identical alerting setup.

I think a profile should have global alert notification settings. ...or something. I don't know, I just started using the system. I'll give the export/import a try but I think there's probably something that could be done here to make this more intuitive for new users.
global alerts make no sense...the entire point is to set each camera independently...its a one time thing...once you see the flexibility it provides you will understand.