How does one Add a Mobile Device to BI (i.e., iPhone or iPad, etc..?)

DroMike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not getting my SMS text messages as I always have on my iPhone 11. An old post I found with a similar problem (w/their iPad) was fixed after someone followed another's suggestion of going to the "Mobile Devices" tab in BI and deleting or removing it their iPad; then evidently putting it back in (and also deleting and reinstalling the app on their device).

BEFORE I remove (in my case,) my iPhone under the Mobile Devices tab, can someone tell me how to put it back? I didn't see an "add" button per se like adding a camera. Honestly I don't remember ever doing it manually but just noticed a long time ago that my iPhone and iPad both appeared there. Did BI put this in automatically via Wifi? I just don't want to remove my iPhone from there and not be able to put it back under the Mobile Devices tab? I couldn't find this in the BI 4 manual (Pg 12, "Mobile Devices").

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not getting my SMS text messages as I always have on my iPhone 11. An old post I found with a similar problem (w/their iPad) was fixed after someone followed another's suggestion of going to the "Mobile Devices" tab in BI and deleting or removing it their iPad; then evidently putting it back in (and also deleting and reinstalling the app on their device).

BEFORE I remove (in my case,) my iPhone under the Mobile Devices tab, can someone tell me how to put it back? I didn't see an "add" button per se like adding a camera. Honestly I don't remember ever doing it manually but just noticed a long time ago that my iPhone and iPad both appeared there. Did BI put this in automatically via Wifi? I just don't want to remove my iPhone from there and not be able to put it back under the Mobile Devices tab? I couldn't find this in the BI 4 manual (Pg 12, "Mobile Devices").
The mobile device is added back once you login Again via the mobile app. The mobile app and the mobile device page have nothing to do with SMS messages. If solved someone else’s problem it was simply a coincidence.

DroMike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I also saw (and read in the manual) -- as you pointed out -- the device is added when one tries to access or log in to Blue Iris and otherwise isn't already listed under "Mobile Devices."