How long to rebuild database.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How long should it take to rebuild the BI database?

My disk storage usage was showing errors so I decided to rebuild the database. I have a fair bit of storage and about 4.7Tb of files. BI has been doing it for over 24hrs and it looks as if its going to take about 36. I have rebuilt it before when I had less files and this seems excessive.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
way to long, the datbase reuld for me on a 4 TB and 1 TB disk is about 10 minutes.

Please provide a screen shot of

Screen shots of the system options (gear button) the clips and archiving tab, the folders new, stored, alert settings ( 3 total screen shots)
Screen shot of the Status (three bars button) clip storage tab

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Screen shots of the system options (gear button) the clips and archiving tab, the folders new, stored, alert settings ( 3 total screen shots)
Screen shot of the Status (three bars button) clip storage tab
Is that BI4 i'm on BI5

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I had turned off auto rebuilding every day and forgot about it. Started having problems writing to the disk. Most common problem was disk not ready. Did a manual rebuild and it stalled. Progress indicator stopped around 37% - not sure what stage. Finally killed BI and restarted the rebuild. Finished 10-20 minutes later and have had no problems since.

This is with a recent BI 5 version and15 cameras, storing about 10 days worth of one hour BVR videos on a 10TB disk. Rebuild is back to daily. I put up with 2-3 minutes of lost images in my email alerts during rebuilds.