How many connectors between camera and NVR?

Wetstuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 500'+ run to a single camera. I had to make one waterproof splice/joint. ...then I had massive problems (No Link) I was blaming on the bad weather - it turns out mice chewed into the long run. I simply added another WP connector. I have an image 100% of the time but the resolution is terrible and the refresh rate looks like an old-fashioned flip-book ...only slower. A turkey or deer can move 20-30' before the image changes.

So... Too many connections? Do the style or brand of connectors make a difference? Software error? I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Jim

4MP HIK cam - 4K ready HIK NVR - Gaming monitor (forgot specs)

Wetstuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys... I should have said 'CAT6' ..if that makes a difference. ...and, Tony, YES, it is POE. Prior - I had a pretty reasonable image, but I wanted better.. I upgraded the NVR and got an 8MP cam*, only to discover my high-res 'gaming monitor' is not 4K. (I guess that's the next move - after I fix this issue.)

I just received 50 Gold Plated EZ RJ45 Cat6 Connectors ...and for a test, will re-do all of them. Unless youse have a better ideal — I'll report back after the weekend. Boy, am I getting good (ahem) at doing these ends. Thanks again.

Jim

*during this 'No Link' period I was doing all sorts of things - thinking it was the connectors - and ended up buggering the female attached to this 8MP cam. I now need to sort that out too.