IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi fenderman,

I just received a ONVIF Device Manager does seem to work at all. Any suggestions?
what is the default ip address for the camera? what is your network ip range? are they the same up to the last 3 digits? for example the default ip for the camera might be 192.168.1.108 yet your network is not the same 192.168.100.xxx or even 10.x.x.x. depending on how you have that set up. Once you figure out what the default address is for the camera. Take the camera and plug it directly into a computer and set the ip of the computer to be in correlation of the camera so that they will be in the same ip range. Then open a webpage and try the default ip address for the camera. Which then should open the log in page. Then go in and change the ip of the camera to match your current network ip range and hit save . You will lose connection to the camera after that but it will be set so that you can add into Blue Iris. I have to thank @fenderman for helping me a while back figure out this same exact issue. My wording of some it might be wrong in the technical sense but hopefully you get the point.

dee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that my other cameras are hikvisions 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.08 and 192.168.0.07.
The 192.168.0.07 camera just died. Just got the Dahua to replace it.
I also have 2 routers. One is from the IP provider and the other is an Asus RT-AC68U.
I have Open VPN enabled on it but have never been able to figure out how to share the VPN with my Samsung S5 cell phone.
You can also use Dahua's Config tool to find it.
ConfigTool - Dahua Wiki

Now I can no longer log into my router.
My log on used to be http://192.168.0.1/admin but no longer works.
I get
404 Not Found

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that my other cameras are hikvisions 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.08 and 192.168.0.07.
The 192.168.0.07 camera just died. Just got the Dahua to replace it.
I also have 2 routers. One is from the IP provider and the other is an Asus RT-AC68U.
I have Open VPN enabled on it but have never been able to figure out how to share the VPN with my Samsung S5 cell phone.

Now I can no longer log into my router.
My log on used to be http://192.168.0.1/admin but no longer works.
I get
404 Not Found
Try without the /admin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new camera I just purchased. (Totally new to the camera scene). It's called Vikcam W3 from Amazon. I'd love to purchase the BI software, so I can add more cameras later on but I can't get it to find this camera and stream for me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
send the camera back...its complete garbage. Reviews are fake.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, after doing a little research this morning, I'm finding that the firmware for these "Dahua" cameras are basically non-existent or next to impossible to get. Are there different versions of these "Eastern/Western" versions that I'm just not seeing?
@EMPIRETECANDY is on top of the firmware for the Dahua Starlight cameras.