How to add this camera?

PMJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this camera: Techage Home Security 720P 1080P Wifi IP Camera Audio Record SD Card Onvif P2P HD CCTV Surveillance Wireless Camera Baby Monitor-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I don't know how onvif operates or what it means, but my other onvif cameras were added automatically to Blue iris. I couldn't find this camera on any search.

Then I got this address from seller's customer service: rtsp://myip:554/onvif1

It works with VLC player perfectly, but I don't know how to add it to Blue iris? I have tried several times. Should it be possible to add to Blue Iris since it works with VLC player?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought this camera: Techage Home Security 720P 1080P Wifi IP Camera Audio Record SD Card Onvif P2P HD CCTV Surveillance Wireless Camera Baby Monitor-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I don't know how onvif operates or what it means, but my other onvif cameras were added automatically to Blue iris. I couldn't find this camera on any search.

Then I got this address from seller's customer service: rtsp://myip:554/onvif1

It works with VLC player perfectly, but I don't know how to add it to Blue iris? I have tried several times. Should it be possible to add to Blue Iris since it works with VLC player?
How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list
in the future stay away from the low end junk...

PMJ

n3wb
Reaction score
It's working! Thanks to your link, I noticed how I should parse that address from the customer service to Blue Iris. On "Network IP camera configuration" the bare IP to first field, nevermind it says "http", while it's RTSP. To "Media/Video/RTSP port": 554 and "Video path" is "/onvif1". That's it.

Now I have to figure out if it is possible to get pan&tilt to work.

Is there any list of cheap Ebay/Aliexpress cameras working on Blue Iris?

These works and easy to add:
Ip Camera Wireless Wifi HD 720P Outdoor waterproof Surveillance Security video home Bullet cameras sd card Camera Infrared p2p -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
2.0MP Ip Camera Wireless HD 1080P Outdoor waterproof Infrared Mini Cameras Wifi Network cam IR Cut Bullet CCTV Camera Onvif P2P-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's working! Thanks to your link, I noticed how I should parse that address from the customer service to Blue Iris. On "Network IP camera configuration" the bare IP to first field, nevermind it says "http", while it's RTSP. To "Media/Video/RTSP port": 554 and "Video path" is "/onvif1". That's it.

Now I have to figure out if it is possible to get pan&tilt to work.

Is there any list of cheap Ebay/Aliexpress cameras working on Blue Iris?

These works and easy to add:
Ip Camera Wireless Wifi HD 720P Outdoor waterproof Surveillance Security video home Bullet cameras sd card Camera Infrared p2p -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
2.0MP Ip Camera Wireless HD 1080P Outdoor waterproof Infrared Mini Cameras Wifi Network cam IR Cut Bullet CCTV Camera Onvif P2P-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
you dont want cheap ebay or ali cameras...they are junk, unreliable hardware and firmware and who knows what else embedded inside..with the popular brands at least we know the risk...
there is a great hivksion cube rebranded by annke for 55 dollars...includes a pir sensor that works with blue iris...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score