How to change MTD files via the console running Min-system

snikinl

n3wb
Reaction score
During some firmware upgrades and MTD language hack, my cam is not able to accept any firmware anymore.
Can still upload firmware versions using TFTP but none successfull.
I was able to connect to the console port and have the original MTD5&6 files. But I have no idea how to put them back on the camera because the Min-System doesnt understand Linux commands.

Camera model: DS-2CD2032F-I

Last edited by a moderator:

snikinl

n3wb
Reaction score
My problem is solved.
The problem was I had changed my languege to English using the MTD hack. That was working fine. After that, I upgraded to version 5.3.0. After that, camera was bricked. All China and European versions where not working, tryed all the tricks in this forum. No luck.
When I connected my cam to the console and tried to a China firmware, I saw somewhere the message 'language mismatch'.
So, I changed the firmware language via the HikTools (see link below) to English and tftp'ed that version and working!!!!

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware

I hope this will help somebody else also with the same problem because nobody was able to give the golden tip and it cost me a lot of time to find out.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a sticky of on this Brick recovery for mtd hack, this is only for camera models 5.25 and 5.28 and below, which I take your camera is. As a camera with mtd hack on 5.20 will upgrade to 5.30 without issue.

flashDD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

I got same problem like snikinl. Thanks that topic I downgrade firmware back to chineese 5.2.5. But I can't change language. When I trying to modify language with hiktools (hiktools lang digicap.dav 1) but tftp never finishing update with "succesful" message. And camera becomes undiscoverable. The version of preinstalled multi-lang firmware is same as downgraded chineese (5.2.5 with same build date). What I did wrong?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I got same problem like snikinl. Thanks that topic I downgrade firmware back to chineese 5.2.5. But I can't change language. When I trying to modify language with hiktools (hiktools lang digicap.dav 1) but tftp never finishing update with "succesful" message. And camera becomes undiscoverable. The version of preinstalled multi-lang firmware is same as downgraded chineese (5.2.5 with same build date). What I did wrong?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5988-MTD-HACK-made-easy-on-Video

Hope this helps

thuanhm

n3wb
Reaction score
hello.
I haved DS-7108N/SN P NVR with mod EN interface. It worked with 3 camere 3310 Chinese language. To day i use hiktool for update firmware for my NVR using 3.0.17 version. Update sussess but NVR do not connect camera: Offline(Language version mismatch).
I tried downgrade to 3.0.10 but update fail.
Can someone help me to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tolb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have DS-2CD3410FD-IW20150810XXXXXXXXXXXX in firmware V5.3.0 build 150513
The web interface is in chinese.

On stick the manufactured date is 08/2015 and firmware V5.3.0_150513

Is it possible to put it in English?

Thanks