how to connect Foscam FI9816P in BLue Iris

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a FI9816P, but my blue iris version isnt the newest, only version 2.64 for PC dont want to spend money to upgrade. works fine on smartphone in ip cam viewer.
if I choose foscam 89xx in blue iris it doesnt work, maybe u guys knows what cam I can choose so its working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a FI9816P, but my blue iris version isnt the newest, only version 2.64 for PC dont want to spend money to upgrade. works fine on smartphone in ip cam viewer.
if I choose foscam 89xx in blue iris it doesnt work, maybe u guys knows what cam I can choose so its working.
Welcome to the forum..set the camera type to generic mpeg and use /videoMain as the path..BI2 is outdated and it worth the upgrade for security enhancements alone, not to mention all the new functions...email support and see if you can get the 50% discount that BI3 users get to update...

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
under model I dont have a generic mpeg, I do have a mjpeg stream, but that doesnt work even I put /videoMain as path.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
under model I dont have a generic mpeg, I do have a mjpeg stream, but that doesnt work even I put /videoMain as path.
try rtsp with this path
/username:[password]@IP:HTTPportnumber/videostream

remove brackets, replace with your user name and password Enter you ip address instead of IP and the port number instead of http port number

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
I just choose RTSP H.264MPEG4 and my path is

/admin:1234@192.168.1.106:5050/videostream

blue iris are coming with the following error.

RTSP: 500 internal server error.

there is also something called RTSP http-Tunneled but so it comes with error check port/username and password

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
that didnt work either,I tried all the videomain lines in blue iris, I even tried in vlc player but no luck there also, until now I can see it on my smartphone, so I know the connection is good.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that didnt work either,I tried all the videomain lines in blue iris, I even tried in vlc player but no luck there also, until now I can see it on my smartphone, so I know the connection is good.
if its not working in vlc then the url is wrong...not sure what it can be..call foscam and get he correct url..