how to connect to NVR via computer?

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a DVR from hikvision. i can view remotely via the app, no problem. i see the DVR has an IP address on my local network of 192.168.1.233. so i opened my IE browser.
typed in and it refuses to open. tried on all the browsers i know and same issue.
i tried other ports too :554 :8000 :443 but nothing as well off course
so what's the trick?
here are all the network settings:
1639794465064.png
1639794524788.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
There is another thread where some people can use Rstp:/ Username_password_ Ip address_ cam3 Subtype 0 or some shit like that.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s a long shot but I’ve inadvertently blocked myself by entering a bad password and after 3 try’s my Dahua NVRs are auto set to block the IP for admin login for 30-60 minutes by default

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm guessing the problem is a setting on the NVR or maybe some sort of access restriction since you are seeing the IP address of the NVR with a network scanning tool...as long as the scanning tool is on your PC?

If the scanning tool is being ran from a different device (say your router?), that doesn't mean that your PC can route to/see the NVR locally.

Your PC needs to be on the same /24 network as the NVR (ideally 192.168.1.x with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0).
You can find this by going to the network settings of your PC and looking at the IPV4 properties of the network adapter you are using to connect to the local network.
If on Windows and depending on your knowledge of it's network settings - it might be easier for you to find this with the command prompt (Window's search for cmd) by entering the following command:
ipconfig /all
Then scroll down to confirm the IPV4 address of said network adapter (ethernet/wifi?)

From the command prompt of Windows, you can also try to ping the NVR to confirm that you have IP connectivity to it, or in other words - the network setting between your NVR and PC match. The command for this would be:
ping 192.168.1.233

If you get timeouts, you have a network or firewall issue.
If you get replies with ms values, the network aspect should be good.

Can you provide a screenshot of Internet Explorer when you enter ?

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found 2 links that worked with my old Lorex NVR based system using the new Edge browser. I was able to login to NVR, scale window sizes, etc. as it was when IE was supported. I was able to load the Lorex webplugin and then the Windows compatibility box opened, chose defaults, rebooted and then all is fine.
Code:
https://www.aomeitech.com/windows-tips/enable-ie-mode-microsoft-edge.html

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/internet-explorer-mode-in-microsoft-edge-6604162f-e38a-48b2-acd2-682dbac6f0de?form=mt006a