how to convert DS-2CD2035-I multi-language to chinese

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not many people want to do this. lol:cool:

gave up. the camera is working. I don't need anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it will work with a English nvr after if you got that?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will most likely go Chinese

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed.
But the OP, for some strange unexplained reason, wanted the camera to revert to Chinese.
Usually the last thing that you want ...

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would a English version nvr with the last few firmwares accept the camera when it goes in China language?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No, generally on the recent firmware releases with both Hikvision and ONVIF connection protocols the result would be a failure to connect with a 'language mismatch' error.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why ? Is any solution to update ?
But why do you want the camera in Chinese in the first place? The solution would be to talk to the seller on AliExpress and if they are kind enough and have a later version of the firmware available they could give it to you and it would stay as a multilanguage version. But it's highly unlikely that they will.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But why do you want the camera in Chinese in the first place? The solution would be to talk to the seller on AliExpress and if they are kind enough and have a later version of the firmware available they could give it to you and it would stay as a multilanguage version. But it's highly unlikely that they will.

Seller dont want give me FW 5.4.0 and told me that only he on his computer can update firmware.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seller dont want give me FW 5.4.0 and told me that only he on his computer can update firmware.
Yeah I've tried to get the firmware before - but they know it will just get posted online and other sellers will get it kinda killing their business :)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well although a not perfect solution would be to just give him access to the camera and update it remotely if he can do that I suppose . ( it is not recommended and can fail, but I have done it a couple of times with no issues)

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But I never seen that firmware version as multilingual but it might exist and I probably just have not seen it

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well although a not perfect solution would be to just give him access to the camera and update it remotely if he can do that I suppose . ( it is not recommended and can fail, but I have done it a couple of times with no issues)

Maybe - though it could still be obtained from capturing the network traffic not to mention a massive pain in the neck for them to potentially have 1000s of customers request that.

When buying one of these cameras I think it's best to have the mindset you can't upgrade the firmware on them (which should be stated on the website you buy it from), unless it's OK for it to be Chinese after.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
<Language xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver10/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<type>english</type>

</Language>

I can read chinese, that is why I want to convert it to chinese
Just TFTP original firmware to it and it will be Chinese.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just TFTP original firmware to it and it will be Chinese.
you should be 100% right. I have convert multiple to chinese for model 2cdxxx2 by using Downgrader from here. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

DS-2CD2035-I default ip seems like 192.168.254.x (this ip might be from ebay seller?)what is the auto tftp server ip it is looking for?

from here it seems the default password is right for my case. if the default ip is 192.168.1.64 will this model looks for 192.168.1.128? just guess.

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=10495.0

Last edited by a moderator: