How to download non-Alert video?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still learning BI, 5.4.9.18/64, so apologies if this is newbie question.

I have my cameras set up for Continuous recording, and I have what I think are fairly sensitive Trigger setups:

But BI didn't detect this coyote, right in the middle of my frame. He traveled from the upper left corner to the lower right corner of the Motion Zone over a span of about 5 seconds. There is a trigger at 6:20, but it's for a different camera that's 100' away.

The in-camera detection picked up Mr. Coyote on the adjacent camera, e.g. the "Trail Up" camera, which is how I knew to look or this piece of video, but this camera, Trail Down, did not trigger. But I have Continuous recording, so I should be able to download the video.

But for some reason, I can't. The video plays, so obviously it's there on the disk, but the Timeline [Scrubber] isn't there, despite Show timeline view being checked, and I can't Set Start Frame or Set End Frame, so I can't Convert/export.

Am I in the wrong viewing mode to be able to Convert/export video? How do I get to the correct mode? I was able to download video from a different, non-trigger time, on this same camera, around 01:18, but in that Timeline view, the scrollbar Scrubber only goes out to around 01:29.

Thanks!

edit: changed Timeline to Scrubber, which is the UI element that's missing.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an observation, but I'd say the reason why the coyote was missed is the lack of contrast between the coyote and the background color. They're both grey and pretty close to each other.

In terms of exporting, I usually use UI3, the web interface, for exports. Very fast and easy to use.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just an observation, but I'd say the reason why the coyote was missed is the lack of contrast between the coyote and the background color. They're both grey and pretty close to each other.
Ah, makes sense! Accidental camouflage. I just turned the Contrast slider down to 20; we'll see if I get more coyotes tonight. Right now I'm using my in-camera detection as backup/benchmark.
In terms of exporting, I usually use UI3, the web interface, for exports. Very fast and easy to use.
Thanks! I wasn't sure how to do that, but after you told me it was possible, I fiddled around until I figured it out.

So all the clips show up in the web UI3 if I click the Open All Clips button in the upper RH corner. Is there an analogous button in the native Windows UI?

Are there any significant features in the Windows UI that don't exist in the Web UI3?

Thanks!

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense! Accidental camouflage. I just turned the Contrast slider down to 20; we'll see if I get more coyotes tonight. Right now I'm using my in-camera detection as backup/benchmark.
Is there a feature whereby we can loop a pre-recorded clip in BI and slide the Size/Contrast sliders until we get the triggering where we want it?

If not, that would be a great feature addition ;)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can adjust, and sav, setting in the trigger tab then run the clip to see if the new settings will work. You might also consider using DeepStack for detection confirmations. That way you can set detection in BI very low and set DS to only allow verified alerts. Your coyote, for example would be detected as a "dog".

UI3, compared to the console, isn't a feature rich at all. It is really good for exports in my experience, but I have exported portions of .bvr files directly from the console on many occasions without any real problems, just don't remember off the top of my head how I do that. Seems intuitive to me, but then I have a bent mind anyway :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just double click on the clip. It will run under the new detection parameters, at least it does for me, which makes it very handy when tuning.

I also remembered how I was exporting clips from the console. I opened file manager, navigated to the file I wanted in the "new" folder, camera name and time, and double clicked on it. That opens the console to play the entire clip back. Then just scan to the time you want and run an export. Maybe not the most "elegant" way but it works nicely. In my instance I was looking for an incident that happened in my neighbors yard so I needed to be able to scan the whole .bvr file, stored in hour increments for simplicity.