how to fill up a screen with something?

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i installed a laview NVR at an aunt's house and she loves it. BUT....
she has 7 cams while the screen is divided into 9 squares. she is asking how to fill up the screen so there is no blank squares. currently there is 2 black blank squares as seen in this sample.

any way to stretch or rearrange? hehe

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i installed a laview NVR at an aunt's house and she loves it. BUT....
she has 7 cams while the screen is divided into 9 squares. she is asking how to fill up the screen so there is no blank squares. currently there is 2 black blank squares as seen in this sample.

any way to stretch or rearrange? hehe
Sounds like buying 2 more cameras would solve that ;-)

note: some NVRs have a setting for a 4x4 grid, with one larger screen takes 4 tiles with the small tiles on the right and bottom remaining. That would be 8 channels of video displayed.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
depends if the NVR can take more than 8 cams tho... some offer alternate/custom view so you could try one of those. The hik 7608 I have has a 7-cam view where you get 4 larger windows on the LHS and 3 smaller down the RHS, maybe worth experimenting a little.

Attachments

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
depends if the NVR can take more than 8 cams tho... some offer alternate/custom view so you could try one of those. The hik 7608 I have has a 7-cam view where you get 4 larger windows on the LHS and 3 smaller down the RHS, maybe worth experimenting a little.
yeah, it is only 8 channels. so getting 2 more is not an option.
i will try your 7-cam view. if not, i will just print 2 small photos of her niece and double-side tape them onto the black squares. simple n cheapest solution i can think of. lol

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he just grabbed a random image from the internet and doctored it to remove the last two channels.

But yeah the NVR would need to support a more efficient layout for 7 cameras. Otherwise you're stuck with the taped photos idea and that will block part of the screen any time you aren't viewing that specific grid.