how to get camera on BI without pathway tab?

Reaction score
hi, I ordered EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera English Version on amazon on Oct. 23, 2019. This will be the 7th camera added to BI and number 8 is still in the box (Dahua SD59230U-HNI IP 2MP 30x Starlight IR PTZ network camera) once I hook up the power adapter (will be looking that up) and set it up.

I have the IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight camera up and running in my living room while setting it up, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work on blue iris more so getting it on BI. I followed the directions but have a problem, it says to "configure the storage path for live snapshot, live record, playback snapshot, playback download, and video clips. Step 1 Select Setting > Camera > Video > Path", but when I go there there isn't a path option so I'm at a loss here (1st pic).

new fixed cam 1.jpg

Is there a way to get this camera on BI?

The 2nd pic is from another Dahua starlight camera I got in 2016 that has the path tab.

older fixed cam 1.jpg

Thank you for reading

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To get the cam onto BI initially you don't need to bother with anything in the cam's webGUI regarding a "path".

Follow this: Dahua Camera Initial Setup

After you have set the cam's username, password and static IP, just set up a "new cam", under "Video" tab put in that cam's IP, username/password and tell BI to "search/inspect".

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This does not relate to your problem. Just an observation. Why are you using substreams ?

^^^ TonyR has the solution.