How to get Smart Search working?

cctv_bob

n3wb
Reaction score
I love these cameras but from everything I can read this is one of the most confusing parts of the whole Hikvision story!

I have a DS-7608NI-K2/8P working with FOUR DS-2CD2155FWD-I. Continuous recording on all cameras. Everything good. Play back works just fine.

I then configured motion detection, intrusion detection, and line crossing on all of the cameras and activated. I thought that I would then see the events on the NVR when using Smart Search? But no. Nothing.

How do I get the events logged on the NVR so that I can see them on Smart Search? On the NVR I don't get any option to "enable" Smart Search as nothing happens when I click the button. I get "normal" only.

Nothing in the logs on the NVR.

Any help gratefully received.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that I would then see the events on the NVR when using Smart Search? But no. Nothing.
I believe you need to 'Enable dynamic analysis for motion' and 'Notify Surveillance Centre' in all the Event configurations in the camera web GUI.
But I might be wrong.

cctv_bob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have done all of that but still not events being shown on the NVR :-(

Has anyone got this working? Care to share how?
Reminder:
- Continuous recording with events (motion detection) marked so that Smart Search can be used

I believe you need to 'Enable dynamic analysis for motion' and 'Notify Surveillance Centre' in all the Event configurations in the camera web GUI.
But I might be wrong.

cctv_bob

n3wb
Reaction score
In the web GUI Playback menu - you need to be in single camera view, playback running or paused, and use the swizzler at the bottom left to select motion markings.
Example :
Alastair, thanks for the help but I am still stuck *before* that part. I just never seen any 'events' showing on my NVR.
My screen looks exactly like yours *EXCEPT* I don't see any motion detection events.
I did see it once when I was set to record only on motion detection but I changed to record all, and want the events marked.
I am sure its something simple but I can not see it!
What needs to be on the camera for this event to work?
What needs to be on the NVR for this event to work?
Thanks

cctv_bob

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone got a methodical way to test this?
eg; Starting with the camera to check it is detecting, then check the camera is sending and finally moving to the NVR to check it is receiving?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a methodical way to test this?
eg; Starting with the camera to check it is detecting, then check the camera is sending and finally moving to the NVR to check it is receiving?
OK - here are some screenshots of a sample configuration, on a DS7616NI-K2 on 3.4.96 firmware with a DS-2CD2335WD-I
These are from the NVR web GUI :
motion_1.jpg motion_2.jpg motion_3.jpg motion_4.jpg

And here is the camera web GUI Linkage Method :
motion_5.jpg

Last edited:

cctv_bob

n3wb
Reaction score
ah haaaahhh!

That seems to have done it. I configured it all from the NVR (already had it on the camera) and then I enabled the swizzler bottom left and I do now seem some events!
Thanks so much for your help and persevering with me.

Now I can play with motion detection versus the line crossing and other smart things.
Cheers

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That seems to have done it. I configured it all from the NVR (already had it on the camera) and then I enabled the swizzler bottom left and I do now seem some events!
Excellent!
It's a pity the line crossing / intrusion detection markings don't work in the NVR web GUI.

TaHzO

n3wb
Reaction score
OK - here are some screenshots of a sample configuration, on a DS7616NI-K2 on 3.4.96 firmware with a DS-2CD2335WD-I
These are from the NVR web GUI :
View attachment 27649 View attachment 27650 View attachment 27651 View attachment 27652

And here is the camera web GUI Linkage Method :
View attachment 27653
I'm looking at exactly the same thing here and I found your post, alastairstevenson.
However, I can not see your screenshots from your post. There is only displaying a ? ... could you maybe upload and attach them again?

Thank you very much